Monday, June 21, 2010

Just When You Thought It Was Safe to Start Blogging

Well, to my legions of adoring blog fans, I'm back. Feel free to send money if you missed me. This past couple of weekends have been very eventful. Two Sundays ago, we had a rare Sunday evening service. The occasion was a "Dinner (done by Barb) Production (done by Lee) Fund Raiser" to benefit our trip to the Mid-Ohio Valley Work Camp and our week of Bible Camp. It was a night of skits, testimonies, and worship. Steven, Sabrina, Matthew, Mark, David, and some of Matthew's friends did an outstanding time in leading our worship. Pictures at the bottom of this post.

Last Saturday, "Hurricane Chuck" and his daughter, Janel, took Steven, Kristin, and myself out to the beach on the Kennedy Space Center property. We were their for about a half hour and then it started.

"Bonnet sharks" started feasting on our surf casted menu of crabs. There is an interesting sequence of events that happens when one lands a shark. Of course the first step is bringing the shark up onto the beach. Usually one will venture out into shallow water to assist the angler by grabbing the shark's tail. They usually respond to this type of treatment by thrashing, urinating (I can only imagine the puns here), and at times throwing up.

Once the shark is secured one must remove the hook, hold up said shark for the obligatory picture, and then do an imitation of an Olympic hammer throw. Yes, we return the sharks back into the ocean so as to lessen our carbon footprint. Hey, anyone want to body surf? I didn't think so. O.K, thanks for reading and here are the pictures:

Steven singing and leading our worship.

Matthew and David playing.
Steven's shark.
My shark.
The time honored practice of the "shark throw." Notice air-borne shark in the upper right hand corner of the picture.








Comments:
Let me be the first to welcome you back and the first to NOT send you any money ... but I have missed you.

So ... why didn't we do any shark tossing all those years we lived in Florida? Looks like a fun way to spend an afternoon.
 
Greg - How about if I send my son to you instead? :)
That's a good question BTW. I guess we couldn't get any of our KSC friends to take us out on their beach. It was a blast.
 
glad you are back with all your limbs intact! BTW- I missed you as well, but no money...no money!
 
I posted a comment earlier, and it's not showing up. And it's impossible to remember what I said. So I'll just say welcome back, and I missed you. Don't go away again, okay?? :)

And if my comment had posted, Greg would NOT be the first to welcome you back!!
 
Donna - Hi there yourself. I'm O.K. on the "no money." After going shark "catching, holding, and throwing" it doesn't make "cents." :)

Judy - No problem Judy and thanks.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?