Friday, March 05, 2010

He's Back / It's Built / They're Leaving

Hi there,

My unofficial blog break lasted roughly 720 hours but who's been counting or reading for that matter. Speaking of being (as in 1/3 of the title) built, the construction of the International Space Station is almost finished. Click on the link to see the construction in BT or as we like to call it here in the office, "Blog Time."

http://i.usatoday.net/tech/graphics/iss_timeline/flash.htm

Here's some comforting thoughts concerning our subject:

1. President Obama has for all intents and purposes, killed our manned space program and the Kennedy Space Center.
2. We will now being paying the Russians (I'll use a term from mathematics) a "gi-normous" amount of money to fly to the Space Station that we mostly funded.

Oh, the "They're Leaving" part of our title - that represents the estimated 23,000 people that will be laid off in our County due to the President's Space Program.

Now, I don't want to come off as being bitter because God is certainly in control. So I will leave you with my new favorite Psalm that our Praise Team / Band is now playing for our church and it has become a favorite around here. God's blessings on all of you.


1 How long, O LORD Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?

2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?

3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him," and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

5 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.

6 I will sing to the LORD,for he has been good to me.

Comments:
Our future/economy will be directly affected by the President's belief that we don't need space or defense. I wonder where we will be at the end of this four year reign... But God is good and He will see us through...
 
That's a small amount of people being laid off compared to those losing jobs in California due to "climate control" legislation. To date ... one million jobs lost to an issue that is fabricated by the politicians, based on false reports from environmental religious idiots! And that's just the start.
 
I, FOR ONE, HAVE BEEN COMING BY TO CHECK IF YOU HAD RETURNED TO BLOGGING, MY FRIEND. If I ever get time and focus to stop missing days myself, I'm going to blog about the restoration of our blog church! :)
 
Did not mean to discount those 23,000 job loses in Brevard, especially since I lived there for a few years. It's a devastating blow to that area and it saddens me on more than one level to see our space program being trashed when they don't seem to want to do anything about the reckless spending on stuff that doesn't matter at all.

Just had a chance to watch the graphics on the link ... very interesting. Had no idea so much was involved in building that space station. I noticed, though, that they somehow left off an inter-galactic guitar center. What an unfortunate omission.
 
Donna - I'm with you Donna and yes, God will see us through this.

Greg - NASA - what a bunch of morons! No GC on the Space Station - are you kidding me? :)

Judy - I look forward to that Blog.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?