Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Here's Your Sign

I guess one sign is the fact that I'm blogging again which can only mean vacation is over and I'm back to work. It doesn't make sense but Greg was the one that pointed this out to me on the phone tonight and I have to concur with my good friend.

Here in Central Florida, the high did not get out of the 40's. To top that off the heat in our school wasn't working. Well, it was "blowing" but unfortunately the air was cold. The room temperature never read higher than 60. My Principal who is a great guy, promptly called our District's Maintenance Department to rectify the situation. In the meantime I resorted to putting math books on top of the a/c / heating unit to stem the onslaught of cold air.

Yes, there is an "Off" button on our units but that wasn't working as well. A few minutes later a Technician with the Maintenance Department walked into my room. She immediately walked over to the heating unit, looked at me, and "did" it.

Many of you might know of Bill Engvall and his famous, "Here's your sign" comedy routine when someone states the obvious. My "HYS" moment can when the tech asked me, "Are those books on top of the unit because its blowing cold air?

I couldn't resist, I said, "No, we're getting ready to fry an egg." I don't think she appreciated my humor but my first period had a good laugh.

That is all from the land of frigid Room 409.

Comments:
A good laugh is always good!

We are in a deep freeze and expecting snow.
 
The good thing for you with the lower temps is there probably aren't many bees buzzin' about!

It's currently 21 degrees here in OKC... but, I hear it's supposed to really get cold later this week.

God bless,

-bill
 
Mid 40s here at night. Mid 70s in the day. I can't stand the frigid cold and intolerable heat these days!
 
I can think of no better use for a Math book!
 
Judy - It was 25 here when I left for work this morning. I can't imagine how it is at your place.

Bill - Good to see you brother. You're right about the cold and there "bee"-ing less bees to fly in my mouth. Hey, it was 25 here this morning! :(

Greg - You sound "dead" tired." :)

Terri - My Algebra Students were disappointed when I used an old set of book and not the ones they use. :)
 
Sorry...but you do not know what cold is....I am hating this cold weather..when it does not go away!!

Glad you are back to blogging regular.
 
Donna - thanks and you're right - Floridians do not know what "cold" weather is except to couch it in terms of anything below 50 is life threatening. :)
 
thurdays high here is going too be 15 degress and fridays is going to be for the highs 7degrees
 
jel - Ouch!
 
And we try to teach the kids to not be a smart alleck. Good one though!! Tonight here in north Alabama it's 18 degrees with snow on the ground. Burrrrrr.
 
Keith - What can I say brother, its my 30 year immersion with middle school kids. :)
Hey, they're calling for snow showers and sleet here in Cocoa tomorrow! Where is Mr. Al Gore now??
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?