Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Do My Words Match My Face?

I've always wanted to be in the top 5 of something and I think I've accomplished it. After the incident that I'm going to describe to you in a moment occurred, I realized that I am one of the 5 oldest members of our staff! I remember when I was the "young pup" of the staff but alas those days have passed and I digress.

I was walking down the hall earlier with our newest teacher. He is fresh out of college and seems to be doing a great job for a first year teacher. Having been involved in Bible Camps, youth groups, and still having a son in college I feel that in some ways (although they are a fleeting) I can connect with folks who are much younger than yours truly.

So, we're walking down the hall conversing back and forth, I'm feeling good and engaged when this thought dawns on me:

I don't think my words are matching up with my face!!
Or, I don't think my words are matching up with my OLD face!

As my kids would say, do you "feel me?" Where are my vitamin E tablets??

Comments:
did ya forget to shave? :)


oh and just year I'm posting a Christmas card for everyone over at my blog :)

merry christmas
 
Jel - I wish I still had the ability to grow that much hair, on my head. :)
 
It's not my face so much that's bothering me... it's the shape of my body! It's totally not me!

Ok, maybe there are a few wrinkles around my mouth that haven't always been there, some around my eyes, too.

Why did you even bring this up?
 
I need to reread befor i post

that should say "this year"
 
Terri - Sorry about that - my reflection in the window of one of our rooms brought "my face" to my attention. :)
I'd recommend taking 2 krispy Kreme doughnuts and not calling anyone in the morning. :)
 
Ditto Terri! :) Being in a congregation of people mostly in their late 70s and 80s, I feel young and spry (as far as age goes). Then I look around and see THEM standing, apparently easily, when required during the service, and I have to stay seated or grab the back of the pew and pull myself up because of arthritis! And then someone like Janice G. comes along, who is the same age as me, crowing about getting to draw her first Social Security check with her next birthday............and I am looking forward to not having a co-pay this time next year because Medicare will kick in! Thanks a lot, Cecil and Janice!
 
I hear you...just this morning I was checking my lipstick in the car before I came in the office and something on the radio made me laugh....Someone has put craters around my eyes....how did that happen!!????
 
Wait until you reach that point where you have those conversations with the younger guy and within moments can't remember the conversation!
 
Judy - Glad to be the deliver of Holiday cheer. :)

I feel like John Candy standing in front of “Wally World” in the first “Vacation” movie –

“Sorry folks, the park is closed.”

Donna - I think I need to repent! :)

Greg - What did you say? :)
That kind of thing is starting to happen now.
 
Ha! I resemble those remarks. We have our BCS tickets and are off to Pasadena on January 5 for the big game.
Peace.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?