Monday, November 09, 2009

Fall of the Wall

My good friend Brady (http://evendays.org/) reminded me today that this is the anniversary of the Fall of the Berlin Wall. Who would have ever thought as late as the late 1980's the Berlin Wall would come down, the Iron Curtain would fall, and freedom would reign again in Germany as well as eastern Europe.

I was having a similar conversation with 2 members of our church. They had been at our church when a wall of legalism divided many from the freedoms we have in Christ and the working of the Holy Spirit. We marveled at how "our wall" came down and this by no plan of any man but by the working of the hands of God. Too many events had occurred not to ascribe it to the working of God's Spirit.

We're not a perfect church by any stretch of the imagination but there is a freedom to endeavor to be Christ-like in our walks and to freely confess when things go awry. God is good, all the time.

Comments:
I'm thankful things are so good for your congregation right now.

I can hardly believe it's actually been 20 years since the Berlin wall came down. My, how time flies.
 
You always make me a bit jealous when you discuss your congregation. It sounds like y'all have an awesome group there. It's too bad Florida is restrictive on reciprocity for lawyers, or I'd move in next door.
 
Judy - I know.

P-Daddy - God has been good to us. Hey, maybe we can get that "reciprocity" thing "repo." :)
 
Thanks for calling me your good friend!

Now get your butt over here.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?