Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pray Hard For the Money

What I heard and read when I had breakfast with "the boys" this morning made me think of Donna Summer and her "hit" song, "She Works Hard For The Money." The waitresses of the country diner we eat at on Thursday mornings are aware that our group all attend church together. One of the waitresses brought by today's edition of our local newspaper with one of the ads highlighted.

She asked us for our opinion. The ad stated, "Calls for Prayer - $10." It gave a local phone number for this "pay as you pray" service. When she stated her one word ("So?") question again I said (pointing to the brother who had just prayed for our food), "Looks like we owe Don $10."

What do you think, should we call the number?

Comments:
that's a joke right!
 
jel - I guess I won't know unless I call the number. I wonder if they take credit cards? :)
 
I'll assure you they take credit cards. Call the number, tell them you prayed for them, and they owe you a hundred dollars.

Or better yet, call them and ask them if they give money back guarantees.
 
No, don't call the number, just send your money this way, well pray for you and you can help start a church. Win/Win for everyone! The-grove.tv
 
They should be tarred and feathered for making a mockery of prayer! $10 indeed!!
 
I'll pray for you for a mere $8.95.
 
I'll see Greg's $8.95 and do it for $7.95. Cash only, please!
 
Not to be outdone by the Puckster, and due to an Obama multi-trillion dollar stimulus plan for prayer, I can do this for $7.75.
 
P. S. And if Puckett says he can do it for less, I will personally turn him in to the FBORRO (Fraternal Brotherhood of Religious Rip-Offs) for vexatious breach of union contract
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?