Friday, September 18, 2009

What's Wrong With This Picture?

You guys (and girls) with the "sickness" (a highly unusual affinity to possess, play, and display guitars) we'll die when you hear this. My last class before lunch just left. I thought playing the theme (Danger Zone) from the movie "Top Gun" would be appropriate. You know this to be true if you've ever had to move from point A to point B in a Middle School during class change, much less the change before lunch.

As the song was blasting out of my room, a kid walked by my room and said, "Mr. Walker, great music. I can play that on my guitar." I asked him what kind of guitar he had and (okay Greg, Randy, son - get the hankies ready) he said, "Oh, I have a Les Paul!"

Any one want to be adopted by this kid's parents? :)
Have a blessed weekend.

Comments:
The next obvious question is whether or not it is a Gibson Les Paul or an Epiphone Les Paul. The Gibson is a far better guitar than the Epiphone model, which is for those who want but can't afford the Gibson. Then you go to which year and model LP it is, for the older the better and certain models are more valuable than others.

There is really nothing more important for you at this point in your life than to continue this conversation with that kid and give us the full details!
 
Greg - I can't get away from the "sickness." :)
I'll track that kid down next week and ask him to more or "les," give me the skinny on his "Paul." :)
 
I don't get the whole guitar thing. I sense that it might be an ailment that is prevalent in the male of our species. Mr. Riley has a guitar on a stand in our family room and every time a male comes in the house, they pick it up to strum - even if they don't know how to play. The Rwandans love it, too.
 
...and Happy Birthday!
 
You put a kid in a room with 100 guitars and one drum set and I'll assure you he'll go straight to those drums. (I do love the guitar tough.) Terri, I'd be one of those guys too.
 
I admire the guitar. Two of my brothers could play, as well as other family members. When my brother, Denzil, recently passed away, I had them place his guitar pic in his fingers and it was buried with him. I wish I coul play. But I also wish I could play a piano.........
:)
 
yada yada yada.....although one time I did learn to play House of the Rising Sun on a plain old guitar....it was my first and only hit... (okay it was not a hit, but I could play it...not too many chords..)
 
Hiya, Math Bro. I hope your birthday was awesome.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?