Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Diversity.

Diversity.
We were swimming in it at our church yesterday and I love it! Our "blended" service of instrumental and acapella just keeps getting better and better. We had a visitor from Greg's old church (Long Beach) who told me, "You guys have the right combination." I couldn't agree more.

Our day of diversity included a former professional wrestler, covered in tattoos, and working on an addiction problem being baptized into Christ! His coming to Christ is a direct result of a phenomenal men's program that allows men to share their struggles, hold each other accountable, and be blessed by the fellowship of a diverse group of men, all on a journey.

His baptism was made all the more sweeter by the attendance of his mother, family members, and guys that he works with. I could not help but think these would be the guys that Jesus would hang out with.

Then to top off our day of diversity, we went bluegrass. We sang an old Church of Christ favorite, "To Canaan's Land," but as our Worship Minister said, "We say we're about diversity around here. Well, you're getting ready to get some diversity, bluegrass style." The church belted out that song, then watched the birth of a new brother in Christ, and finished off the day with a energetic singing of "I Belong to Jesus."

It's good to belong to Jesus.

Comments:
Wow. I dream of being a part of a church like that. I pray that is what God calls me to next.
 
Yes, it is good to belong to Jesus! You have, in deed, had some extraordinary moments and I'm grateful to have been a part of some of them.

Take it for what it's worth, but the word verification is "reduce." So how is the WW going?
 
KD - The way that God has worked (in very strange ways) in my life, I believe I see the same pattern in yours. Hang in there brother.

Greg - Still hanging in there but I'm "boucing" just a bit.
 
Yes, it is!!
 
I am so glad you found it....diversity that is, not bluegrass.
 
Judy - Agreed.

Terri - I know what you mean but I tell you, bluegrass on that song was rockin!
 
Way cool!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?