Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Summer Catch-up

With the start of school I asked my kids to share what they did on their summer vacation. Since I took a summer blog break - I'll share with those of you still reading and I'll pick up from my last blog before I went on "B.S." That would be "blog sabbatical" by the way.

As you saw in the last photo I posted, just a couple of days after "sleep deprivation week" better known as Bible Camp, we headed out to SoCal and Greg's. That was such a sweet week as we renewed our friendship with (http://gregengland.theobloggers.com/) Greg and Janice. Our son spent a lot of time with Greg's son, his wife, and their very young family. Our son who heads off to a Christian College soon, became enamoured with the young ones. In fact, he has a photo of the 2 year old on the dash of his car. He also put the twins picture on our desktop computer. My joy was increased seeing how he enjoyed the little ones.

We had a lot of fun with Greg and Jan while also developing an interesting phenomenon. It seemed that everything centered around the Mortuary. One day my son said, "Hey Dad, I need to meet Josh at the mortuary." In a milli-second he stopped his conversation, looked at me with a surprised look and said, "I never thought I'd use that word (mortuary) so casually."

So, if you ever make the trip out to SoCal to hang out with Greg and Jan, be prepared to spend lots of time at the "Mortuary" which by the way, has some great people working there performing ministry in a powerful way. O.K., there you have it. More to come.

Comments:
So did the mortuary ghost make an appearance? :)

Good news about Steven. Refresh my memory. Where is he headed to college this year? Is baseball in his future?
 
By the way, are you still available to help in the prep room? Can we depend on you and Steven next summer?

We thoroughly enjoyed your visit, though you didn't mention you spend a LOT of time without us since we had to work. Hopefully you and Barb got some much needed relaxation.
 
Glad you are back. Been missing your funny stories and witty sarcasm...makes me feel at home...
 
Judy - Didn't see a ghost just Greg. :)

Greg - Sure as long as I get another ride to "lift" my spirits or this case, my body. I hope all of us can make it back next year and yes, it was very relaxing. The serendipity was that although we missed you and Jan, we did get some face time with Chipper.

Donna - Thanks and its good to see you again. We could be kin since my Dad was from Sylacauga. :)
 
sounds like ya had a fun time this summer!

hope ya have a good school year !
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?