Monday, August 24, 2009

"Shed"-ing Tears Over Cabins

This is the next post about our trip to Cincinnati to do a VBS for Pat Pugh's church. After driving 800 miles we rolled in to what appeared to be a very nice campground. The "Camp" was complete with beautiful one and two story brick homes. As Chad and I approached one of the "Cabins," Chad remarked, "This could be really nice."

Something deep in my youth trip soul said, "I wish he hadn't said that." We were met by one of the "Cottage Parents" as we quickly found out that the nice brick "cabins" were actually part of a "Christian Home." The kind lady pointed across a field and told us that "our cabins" were "over there." As we walked back to our bus I told Chad, "I don't see any cabins, just a row of "sheds."

Those sheds turned out to be our cabins. Now, they were relatively new as the plywood above my head in my bottom bunk read, "2007." The sheds, I mean cabins were small with 4 bunks / 8 beds and an air-conditioning "unit" which turned out to be a box fan in one of the windows held into place by a bungee cord. But despite all of that it turned out to be one of the best campground experiences I've ever had so please, don't "shed" any tears for me after you read this post. :)

Comments:
I am glad you have that teaching job.....
 
Donna - me too!
 
I've stayed in worse!
 
greg has built worse
 
Greg - are you referring to our pre-a/c CFBC days?

Randy - In Mexico? :)
 
Can't wait to hear more of THIS adventure, Cecil! But, didn't it make you really, really glad to get back home after to the comfort and air conditioning?!

Cheers! Dee
 
I thought of you this weekend when I drove by the OTHER camp you used to work with. Wait, maybe that wasn't YOUR camp. Oh, I don't even know. Maybe you can SHED some light on the subject!
 
Dee - Comfort yes - the temps in Ohio that week set records for lows. One night it was 50! Felt good. I got up one morning and ran for miles! :)

Terri - I don't think it was my "old" camp unless you guys were in Central Florida. Hopefully this "sheds" some light on your question. :)
 
I've lived in worse... for a whole year.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?