Thursday, June 04, 2009

Thursday - The "New" Lord's Day

Ramping up for Bible Camp these last few days. Keep us in your prayers. Not part of my ramping up is cutting the grass at our Building with "the boys." It was my first time weed-whacking with the boys since last summer. Are you weird if you state that you've been "looking forward" to weed-whacking? I guess I'm weird because I love the mindless pursuit of those dastardly weeds and grass that can't be cut by a riding lawn mower.

As I've said in the past, "the boys" get together every Thursday to cut our church lawn. Thursdays always begin with breakfast at 07:30 hours but if you arrive at our local diner any later than 07:15 hours, the boys consider you late and open for abuse.

Today one of the "regulars" was missing. When our former Sargent Major of the Army asked our preacher where "so and so" was, Don told him he was working at a part-time painting job. With the most incredulous look on his face, Glenn said, "Doesn't that turkey realize that Thursdays are the Lord's Day?" :)

Of course, in this context "Thursday / grass cutting days" are something not to be missed even if you have a paying job. His comment broke up our table and it was a good way to start a "mindless" morning as I head in to a very mindful time of Bible Camp.

Comments:
Hope you have a good week at camp. I don't miss camp, but I miss spending a week with you and the Puckster.
 
those are good times....have a great week!
 
Last night in the middle of a mostly gospel concert by the Oak Ridge Boys on PBS, they broke into a rousing rendition of "Elvira." When the programming cut to the fund-raising portion, the guy said it was okay they did that since it had to come from the OT book of Elvira! :) Glad you have such a good time whacking weeds. After all, you're whacking for the Lord. That's how I feel about housecleaning. Have a good weekend!
 
I hope you had a great time at camp. I know that when I went to camp I always came home on a spiritual high. That high helped me during the times of the vallies. God bless all you do and hope you have a great week and wonderful Thursday! :-) LOL
 
Missing you, Cecil! Hope you've had a great time at camp and are ready to tell us all about it!

Dee
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?