Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Pepperdine - 1 - "Stumping with the Stumpsters"

Hard to believe this time last week I was on the other coast at the Pepperdine Bible Lectures. There were many highlights of last week from hanging out with the Puckster, Pat Pugh, Mark Smith, and a good friend from our church, Tim Bryant. Rick Atchley's class with his Ast. Minister on ministering to "post-moderns" was outstanding. Rick's classes over the years have usually been the most useful as to things that I can bring home and use.
But the best class without a doubt was Josh (http://www.stumpedblog.blogspot.com/) Stump's class on writing, recording, and singing your own music at church. Josh has a humble spirit that puts one at ease and his wife Tanya is a sweetie. Its somewhat weird when you meet a blog buddy for the first time. You know them but you don't yet, we hugged as if we were old friends.

Josh was joined by as he called them, "Good friends who happen to be talented." They formed his impromptu Praise Team as he introduced some of the music that he had written for his church. Through Josh's presentation you could get a sense of the goodness that was his Dad. I was moved, entertained, and blessed throughout his class.

Josh and Tanya - great folks.

Now for some obligatory pictures:

From left to right as if you need to know - Tanya, Josh, and me. Looks like we were popular in that hall-way. Its probably my legs. :)

A closeup. I liked what Josh said as he introduced his wife, "The woman in the "coat of many colors" is my wife, Tanya." I just love folks with a great sense of humor. If you ever (including myself) get a chance to visit Portland, Oregon, you need to check them out at their home church.




Comments:
Glad you got to take in the Lectures. Sure looks like you were having a good time.
-bill
 
Good pictures, Cecil! Now it's time to start planning for next year! :)
 
I wish I could have met them, but obligatory introduction of speaker got in the way. Seem like wonderful folks.
Peace.
 
Bill - You need to come out to P-dine some time.

Judy - Does that mean you might come west?

Puck - They are. Too bad they couldn't have made the "tri-tip / see Star Trek" trip.
 
Cecil: I wish!

Actually, I meant for YOU to start planning next year's trip.

:)
 
Judy - darn! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?