Monday, May 04, 2009

The “Spectrum” includes a blurb about being out here with Greg and Jan in Temecula.

First – Grandbabies are cute as advertised by Greg. My hat and anything else I can take off in good taste is off to Heather, Josh, and the Grandparents on both sides for helping with such a momentous task – taking care of 3 kiddos under the age of 2.


Second – It has been so good to be with Greg and Jan again. We’ve walked under the stars, sat (with clothes on) in the Jacuzzi, and visited wine country.


Third – Traveling doesn’t get much better than traveling with my good friend, Steve, aka – the Puckster.


Even though I wasn’t at my home church yesterday I must share this with you. My wife who I miss “bunches” as well as my fellow elder, Javier, relayed the “spectrum of faith” that was displayed at our church yesterday.


Sunday School was taught by one of our dear ladies who has written a book on parenting. Her testimony alone would make a good sermon series – growing up in an abusive home, sent to an orphanage, almost being killed by her ex-husband which left her legally blind, and then becoming a counselor.


The sermon was delivered by one of Steven’s good friends, Zack – 18 years old. From all accounts it was powerful.


Our communion comments were brought by one of our “older men.” He is a pillar of faith and passion for the Lord. He mentors many of our young men as he battles cancer.


Steven and our worship minister, Mike, sang a duet during communion that Barb said brought tears to her eyes.


I was blown away by the spectrum of people, male and female, young and old that led our people in praising and learning about God.


I love it out here.

I can’t wait for Pepperdine.

I can’t wait to get home.

The Spectrum.


Comments:
Eat a burger for me under that tree out there!
 
Just try to behave yourself!
 
Glad you're missing your home. Say hi to my mom and dad when you see them. My dad is the 6 foot guy wearing the cowboy hate, boots, buckle and leading the horse around.
 
Brady - I think saw your Dad from a distance with the Cowboy hat. I'll try to catch up with him before Friday
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?