Saturday, May 30, 2009

Angel Food Mixed Message

My weekend started off at 4:30a.m. as today was our "Angel Food" pickup day. Me and a number of other wackos, I mean committed (who may need committing) Christians headed down to Eau Gallie for our 5:45a.m. pick up of our Angel Food orders. I love the camaraderie of hanging out with the fellas and the gals who seem to not lack for sleep.

As the Sun came up we noticed a guy driving out of the Church Parking lot with 2 bumper stickers. The one on the left side read, "I Love My Wife."

Now, in this day of "friends with privileges" / throw-away relationships you have to admire a guy who publicly says to the world, "I'm a committed husband who loves his wife." Only, he had another bumper sticker on the right side of his bumper that read, "Pray Without Ceasing."

Maybe that's the secret to a good marriage? Can't hurt. :)

Comments:
Cute!! He is seeing the "positive" side to the situation. ;o)
 
I would think the two would naturally go together! :) Out of curiosity, were you picking up Angel Food for the church/benevolence or for your own house? We are thinking of availing ourselves of this avenue of shopping. Do you know anything about the Senior Prepared Meals?
 
DEFINITELY the secret!

I miss my Angel Food buddies. I HATED to go to the distribution but I loved it when I got there.
 
When you pray without ceasing it is easier to love everyone...(or so I hear)

I miss Angel Food too since I stepped down. I help when I can, but in the summer tennis really gets in the way....

BTW- I think the Senior Meals are awesome...and a great deal!
 
lauramay - I'd go with that.

Judy - For our church - we're a distribution center. On the Senor Meals I've heard good and bad - portions appear to be "small" but then I've heard they're "just right."

Terri - As corny as myself and my friends can be - you should see (or hear) us at 5:30 in the morning when we're picking up our Angel Food orders.

Donna - Very true.
HEY JUDY - There's an answer from Donna.
 
A good friend of mine has that bumper sticker. It makes me smile every time I see it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?