Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Middle School Hell

There is a debate about Hell which I guess would make that debate one #%*!! of a debate. Is the "fire that consumes" one of "ever lasting damnation" or as some such as Ed Fudge propose, a once and forever "whoosh" and your soul is "dead" forever? As Ed Fudge said in his class at Pepperdine, which ever belief is correct still means a very, very bad end for those not in Christ.

What is your "version of Hell?" Mine happened today in a "Middle School" kind of way. My 2nd Period class was about to end bringing up my planning period. With 5 minutes to go we were told over the intercom that 2nd Period was being held due to a line of storms that were passing through our area. No sooner did the announcement occur than the power went off and it stayed off for 2 hours.

I know, there are some of you out there who will think, and, or write, "toughen up big boy" and maybe I need to do so. But 2 hours with the same group of kids with no power - oll vey!

What is your version of Hell?

Comments:
Other than the hell to end all hells? Well, I can think of a few; i.e., 1) dusting Amy's furniture because she doesn't want furniture polish used on it; 2) getting tied up with certain people on the telephone; 3) political discussions; and the one that came to mind right off the bat, 4) getting over a broken heart! :)

Yours is appropriate, you know, because hell is described as a place of darkness!!
 
Anything to do with Riverside County Health Department personnel.
 
Judy - #1 - I busted out laughing when I read it.
#2 - I have one in mind right now.
#3 - A waste of time in most cases.
#4 - Enough said. You are in my prayers.

For #4 - go to playlist.com and look up the song, "He Loves" by Kim (no relation) Walker.
 
Greg - Unfortunately anything with the word “Department” usually brings about a “hellish” experience.
 
As a teacher...I totally agree with you...two hours with 8th graders...yes....that comes really close. ;o)

I was luckier...I was stuck with my AP Government students for only an extra 10 minutes...so not too bad on my end. Funny, when it happen, I was totally thankful that it did not happen with my one 8th grade US History class. ;o)
 
The night our alarm went off and wouldn't stop....that would be a piece of torture for me...

It wouldn't take two hours for middle school kids to drive me to saying hell....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?