Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Going Home

A Monday night at home does would not be my Option A on most Mondays. As Greg will attest I am a “fun-a-holic.” I’m always up for a road trip, ball game, let’s go help someone move blah-blah, or excuse me while I run a 5K or 6 miles. I just seem to have this need to always be doing or planning something.

Mondays usually involve, going to work, running 6 miles, weighing in at WW, and then going out to eat (WW and going out to each sound somewhat oxymoronic, yes?) with our WW gang. That was until yesterday. Wife had a long day and as I chronicled yesterday, it was our last day of FCAT Testing. She called to say she was exhausted and heading to the house. For once (I must be getting older) in my life I said, “Sounds good.”

We hung around the house, ate dinner, watched (where do they get these categories?) Jeopardy, and were in bed by 9pm! Trust me that is way early for our family.

Don’t worry; I went back to my old ways this morning. I met some of my colleagues for a little 7:30am work-out before school this morning. And so it goes.

Comments:
I'll take "Potent Potables" for 800, Cecil.

I watched a few weeks ago as all three contestants avoided a category on Cy Young winners. When they were finally forced to choose it, they only got one right. So sad.

I love it when they have Bible categories. They usually avoid those also. I always root for the ones who pick it, 'cause you just know they went to Sunday school.
 
Steve - Man, I forgot about "Potent Potables." Last night's tough category for me was, "South American Lakes."

I loved the episode of "Cheers" when Norm is a contestant and all the categories are about beer.
 
I just love nights at home. I'm not against a little fun either but those nights at home are great!
 
Terri - We can almost get too busy for our spouses. It was fun just to kid, tease, and enjoy each other's company without being in a hurry to be somewhere.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?