Monday, March 16, 2009

FCAT Done

Yes, our version of high stakes testing ended around 1:15 today. Students had two 80-minutes tests on Tuesday and Wednesday of last week followed by two 60-minutes tests today. The schedule had students going to just two classes following testing. It would be wise of the D.O.E. to make testing days early dismissal days but then that might make (sarcasm warning) sense and be good for kids.

One thing our school does for kids is to play a G-rated movie that teachers have the option of showing to their classes. My favorite part is to watch these kids who are growing up way too fast, for a moment turn back the clock as they enjoy the movie.

Comments:
I love G movies.
 
Brady - Yes, kids do as well although initially kids will fuss but once the movie gets going – they quiet down and actually enjoy themselves.
 
I love a good G string ... because when they are not good, they don't stay in tune and break too easily. Of course, I'm speaking of a guitar string! But this has nothing whatsoever to do with your blog ... just tagging onto what Brady said. It will make more sense to Steven than to you.
 
On my recent trip, the college students began singing songs from Disney movies. We would request songs from a certain movie and they could almost sing the entire soundtrack! When I was young, we only saw the movie once. Today's young folks watch movies over and over and over. I guess it's easier to memorize that way.
 
Greg - I don't know why but my mind went to the kind of "G-string" you wear and you!!!! I love you Bro but ..... :)

Donna - That is so true. Our 2 guides in Colorado (ACU Music majors) could sing those songs as well and on demand and in key at 12,000 feet!! Kids!!
 
I recently took Hailey and Emily to one of those animated G kids' movies. I probably enjoyed it more than they did! Maybe it's because I haven't been to a movie in so long................

:)
 
I love your schedule...Monday, since I have juniors...we had two 75 minute test, where the second test the students were done after 30 minutes (so...imagine a media center fulled with 60 juniors staring at each other for the rest of the test). Then our test coridnator thought it would be nice that we saw all our classes...so after the test, lunch...we had 15 minute classes...try to get something done in 15 minute classes. Oh..did I mention, those that were not testing were held in a room and they got to watch movies in the morning. What a wasted day.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?