Thursday, March 26, 2009

Attractive Blog / Warm and Inviting / Pics Update

Trey Morgan (http://www.treymorgan.net/) recently asked folks to comment on what attracts them to a particular blog. Its a great question and it received many responses. Most folks stated something about blogs being attractive to them if it was "visually appealing." That probably leaves me out. I was the guy in College that died a 1000 deaths when the Professor stated something along the lines of "all projects need to be creative." I think I can get creative occasionally with what I write or say but making something visually attractive just isn't me. Heck, you should see me every Sunday afternoon after a few games of Beach Volleyball. Not only am I the oldest guy playing but I'm probably the dirtiest when all is said and done.

Be that as it may, I will make an attempt to make today's post as my wife would say, "Warm and inviting." Here are some pictures that have been in my camera for a while. May you feel warm and invited.
Another shot of Steven at the Pulse's first C-4 service.The church worshipping with the Pulse. That's our worship guy, Mike, in the front.

This might have been during the singing of "Let God Arise." Steven was really in the moment, worshipping God. Closeup of Steven.How about a pre-concert shot courtesy our our Game Room on top of our pool table. Yes Greg, that is his new guitar. Does the boy have the "sickness" or what? :) Is this the effect of instrumental music on people? They turn into cats who are completely satisfied. :) Actually, these are (this is for you Judy http://meowmix.org/) our cats, Cloe on the left and the alpha "thinks he is a dog) cat, Buddy.
These are pictures that we're in my camera from Christmas when "Hurricane Chuck," a good friend at church, took Steven, me, Bob (from Gilbert S.C. Philip http://www.themurphylife.com/), and his son Nathen fishing on the Space Center Beach. Steven with a nice Red and Bob flashing the "hey, I'm a rabbit" sign. :)

Bob in front of the Atlas Launch Tower. Steven and his South Carolina cousin, Nathen.
Some of the 40 something teens, college kids, and adults that crashed in our living room floor for our annual showing of the movie, "Christmas Vacation."

Here is the author of this madness. I took this one myself - does it look like it? :) I hope you feel warm and invited - have a good one.
























































































Comments:
What a great post! I like seeing all the things that I normally have to imagine. (Looks just like I thought it would!)
 
This is not a criticism, just an observation ... you can always tell when a band is playing at a church of Christ by the stance of the people. In churches of Christ, we stand with our hands crossed or in our pockets. In just about every other church, the people are responding physically to the worship. Clapping, hands lifted, some signs of motion and involvement.

That aside, I still rejoice with you in where you are and "from whence you cometh" at Central!! When I was in that area we would never have even dreamt of such a change.
 
that was good!!! ;)
 
Terri - Thanks. I'm usually on the opposite end of imagining what something looks like and then finding out that I'm way off. :)

Greg - We had our moments and in fact, that's why I took so few pictures as I was one of those "responding physically." Kind of hard to take a picture when you have your hands raised in worship to God although I didn't do too bad with may last picture on this post, yes? :)

jel - Good to see you again and thanks.
 
Nancy - Welcome to the program. Thanks for stopping by.
 
Warm and inviting it certainly was! Thanks for the pics of your kitties. What could be more warm and inviting.

Excuse me a moment: Greg, I love you but go to your corner. You're in time out! :) I don't have my hands crossed or anything, and I'm usually patting my foot!!! :)

Okay, I'm back. Great pictures of Steven. That's a fine boy.

Word verification today was "lushmie!" What a WV for a Christian blog!! :)
 
Looks like a bunch of fun!
 
Judy - "Sic em'." You have to love Greg and his "glass half empty" slant. :)

Donna - It was - all of it.
 
The pics are real nice. I was looking for instrumental music and came upon your blog.

If you are interested in carnatic vocal music, we invite you to our site.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?