Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

So what are you doing on Valentine's Day? V.D. Eve found us decorating our Fellowship Room for our annual V.D. Banquet. Tonight we will be entertained by acts such as "Ray Orbison," "the Pointless Sisters," and "Los (with an extreme long "O" sound I'm told) Beatles." I guess the guys who make up our "Los Beatles" did not appreciate my "Las" during rehearsal. Yes, yours truly, a.k.a. "Mr. Microphone," has been selected to be the M.C. of this glorious event. Perhaps our annual visitors to our V.D. Banquet, "Dr. Love" and "Don Juan" will give me some advice to tell the difference from "Las" and "Los."

Well, "a-Las," I'm at a "Los" for more words.

Comments:
We're watching the Razorback game on TV, working in the yard, going to eat dinner out.
 
we went to town , and bought a table saw! :)
 
We kept the grandbabies for about 4-1/2 hours while Josh and Heather went out for a meal and some shopping (LOTS of diapers).
 
We went to the fun party at church...I will say, last night you were not a lost for words.

We had a great time.
 
Terri - Basketball on V.D. is my kind of V.D. Kudos to you and Mr. Riley.

Jel - Tim Allen from "Tool Time" would love you.

Greg - Now that's the V.D. that keeps on giving.

lauramay - It was a blast and I think I got the "los" right for the guys.
 
I really wish you hadn't abbreviated Valentine's Day like that. LOL.

Hope all went well.
 
Ditto Keith! :) Wish I could have been there. I'm sure you were a smash as emcee. You're a riot!

On VD, I attended Hailey's basketball game. Since she is one of my heartbeats, it was an appropriate thing to do.
 
Tom made me a big Valentine's Day breakfast/brunch and it was really good. But then he says, "Uh - I have to go get a shower and get dressed and stuff . . . can you clean up the kitchen?" (Which was a HUGE mess, as always, when he cooks.)

Then, he has the nerve to say (after seeing the look on my face), "Happy Valentine's Day, Baby."

MEN!!

Cheers! Dee
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?