Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Vacation Pics

Have you ever said, “I need a vacation from my vacation?” I could say that but it would be for a good reason. My friend from third grade, Bob, his son Nathen, Steven, and I have been on a rampage of activity for the last 48 hours. Yesterday we played 18 holes of Golf at the Wedgefield Golf Course. It was fun playing with our sons who are now of the age where then can occasionally out hit their Dads. Actually with Steven it was almost a 50-50 split. If he took some lessons he could probably be a scratch golfer.

This morning we met two of my good friends from church, Chuck and Tim. Both of them work at the Space Center, which as I’ve chronicled in a previous post, allows them each to take “2 guests” fishing on the unspoiled beach of the Kennedy Space Center. I could puff my chest out and regal you with the details of my valiant and victorious fight to haul in our largest Pompano of the day. I could but I can’t. I also had the biggest hit of the day, in all likelihood a shark, which dragged me down the beach as I fought to bring him in. After about 5 minutes of pulling, reeling, and walking, he bit through the leader line thus snatching defeat from the “Jaws” of victory.

Steven caught the only Red Fish (Snapper) that we were able to keep - 23 inches worth!
We ended our day with a stop by the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse for a round of pictures which is what I’ll end this post with – a round of pictures. Happy New Years everyone.

One of the Pompanos I caught. Where else in the Nation can you fish in shorts at the end of December. Steven is in the background as well as the Titan Launch Tower. Another closeup of a Pompano. We had 8 fishing rods in the water. Great to see a beach without houses or condos with the occasional Launch Complex.

Steven with the ever tasty Whiting. It was kind of amazing that we were catching fish with the rough surf.

From left to right - Yours truly, Nathen - Bob's son, Bob, and Steven with his redfish.

A closeup of the same picture with the Titan Launch Tower in the background.











Comments:
Oh for those days when we had time to just have fun w/ friends!
 
You're having way too much fun! I hope you tossed those beautiful fish back in the water!! :)
 
I caught a Red Snapper once - I didn't get to catch him from the beach though.

I ate my Red Snapper... sorry Meowmix.
 
Greg - Would you say you're "dying" for those days? :) Hang in there - the Puckster and I will be there in May!

Judy - Sorry, we tossed them into a nice air-conditioned cooler.

Teri - That's the only way to go with Reds - eat them.
 
I love fishing. And in shorts in December? Come on…

Happy New Year.
 
Great pics, Cecil! Looks like great fun too.

May your life be filled with happiness as you daily experience the blessings of God in the New Year!

bill @ a spiritual oasis
 
Sounds like awesome fun. I envy the shorts and t-shirts. We've had nasty rain and cold for much of December.

God bless your new year brother.
 
Brady - Yes my friend, December shorts fishing. If you ever come to Florida in December, it will be our treat.

Bill - Good to see you Bro and back at you - May this New Year be filled with blessings as you are to so many.
 
Keith - Man, that was fast! I answered Brady's and Bill's comments and then yours appeared as well. Hey, our New Year will start with a set of Electronic Drums for our Praise Team. Want to sit in on a session?
 
We were in your neck of the woods the last couple weeks. Spent some time on Cocoa Beach.d
 
that looks like fun!



i thought hooking a big catfish was fun, but hooking a shark, too cool!

have a great new year
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?