Monday, December 08, 2008

No Chomp Zone

So, how was the weekend? Trust me, as a Nole, I feel your pain Bama fans. If you’re a Florida Gator (which I root for when they’re not playing the Noles) fan it was a banner weekend. I think you have to agree with one of the ESPN Announcers who said something to the effect of, “Tim Tebow (Florida Quarterback) is one of those players that comes around once in a lifetime. He combines talent, performance, and leadership abilities.” Another guy said, “Tim Tebow is a fullback playing Quarterback.”

Rarely as I saw in the game on Saturday, can a Quarterback run up to the Captain and chief “head-hunter” of the defense, in this case, Brandon Spikes, and challenge him to “man up his defense” after scoring the go-ahead touchdown in the 4th Quarter. Most linebackers would tell the Quarterback to go away but Mr. Tebow is a special player.

So, if there are any Sooner Fans out there who now find themselves ranked Number 1 and facing the Tebow led Gators in the National Championship, I have 2 words for you. These 2 words have come to haunt me in my Seminole dreams of glory in the 90’s – “Gator Bait.” No, I’m not doing the “chomp.”

Comments:
That post was about football, right?

(My word verification, I kid you not, is "rantingr")
 
I had my hopes, but deep down I knew if Bama beat Florida this year it would be a stroke of luck. Only because they are an SEC team, I would be for Florida ... if I cared at all who won that game. But I really don't care. I'm just hoping Bama looks good in the Sugar Bowl.
 
Tim Tebow is without a doubt the most impressive college football player I have ever seen. I said it last year, and I say it again.

I knew when he had Phil 4:19 on his eye thingies that we were in trouble. I hate that I like him so much, but my Bama boys still looked good!

For one day in January I will be a Gator fan!
 
Being a Gator fan...once living in Gainesville and going to many games at the swamp. I was the loan processor on Galen Hall's loan....had dinner with Kerwin Bell and his lovely wife once while living Gainesville. So, I will say I was happy on Saturday. But one thing you forgot to mention about this young man, his dedication to Jesus. He loves his Lord and wants to do work for Him. When others are about during summer vacations, he goes on mission trips. Maybe he has a little extra help on his side.
 
I'm not a Gator fan,
but will when they play the Sooner's
 
Steve - No doubt that is what Greg, Donna, and I are doing.

Greg - They better whup and undefeated Utah to uphold the pride of the SEC.

Donna - I know what you mean. Tebow seems to be not only the total package but someone you just have a hard time not liking.

Lauramay - I knew you were a Gator but I did not know you had some "Gator pedigree" in your background mentioning Galen Hall and the great walk-on Quarterback for the Gators, Kerwin Bell.
BTW - I can't remember which team, college or Pro, but I do know that Galen Hall is still coaching as the Offensive Coordinator for a high-powered offense.

jel - Good to see you again. Yes, join the club as many of us will be rooting for the Gators and Tebow.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?