Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Island or Tropical?

I took advantage of my planning period falling on the lunch hour (a rare 1 hour and a half hours of lunch) to meet up with my son Steven and his friend Zack. Where else would we go in East Central Florida in the midst of Christmas time temps reaching 80 degrees than to a restaurant called, “Tropical Breeze?”

Random thought warning – Do you connoisseurs of the movie, “Christmas Vacation” remember the line Chevy Chase says when he passes some rednecks on the highway?

Clarke – “It’s O.K. Ellen, I’m going to put some distance between us and them. I’m going to “burn some dust – they can eat my rubber.”

Rusty (Clarke’s son) – “Dad, that’s burn some rubber and eat my dust.”

I had one of those moments when I sent a text to my son (nothing like Trey’s http://www.treymorgan.net/) that said, “Want to do lunch at Island Breeze?”

His response was, “Sure Dad – that’s Tropical Breeze by the way.”

Island, Tropical, 220, 225, whatever it takes, right? We had a nice very non-Weight Watcher lunch which of course will necessitate the obligatory 5k run after school today down (I know this one) the “River Road.” Where’s Steven when I need him to prove that I’m not the second coming of “Clarke Griswold.”

So, there you have it. Nothing theologically astounding today, just evidence of a 50 year old trying to avoid becoming a Christmas movie cliché. Have a good one.

Comments:
You're helping me re-live that painful memory :)

My son Taylor will be going to Miami for AIM. How close is that to you guys. I plan on coming that direction! :)
 
Trey - Miami is a little over 2 hours south of us and Curt. Maybe we can work out a meeting somewhere? Would love for you to be able to come to our church.
 
.........it's a malady I'm familiar with!
 
That's nice, Cecil...(click, click) real nice.
 
FYI: This only gets worse as you advance into that 5th decade of your life. And if Steven is anything at all like my son, he will get immense pleasure from laughing at you!
 
Judy - Are you saying there is no hope for, wait, what was my name again? :)

Teri - Your comment put me on "the threshold of ….” :)
I loved your comment and I’ve found “another” new appreciation for you.

Greg - I'm finding Steven becoming more and more like Josh everyday. :)
 
Christmas Vacation and Mr. Mom in the same post....I am loving it!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?