Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A New Name

As I type today’s post, my “hammy’s” (i.e. – hamstrings) are talking to me. I’m sure they’re trying to communicate to me that at age 50, they will have plenty to say when I engage in a period of time like the following:

Wed. – Ran 3 miles.
Thurs. – Played pickup basketball with some of our middle school kids.
Fri. – Played in our annual Faculty vs. Boy’s Team game.
Sat. – Up at 4:40 a.m. helped unload a Semi-trailer for our Angel Food Ministry. Also helped carry down and then up our copious sets of stairs, all of the Angel Food orders which went from over 100 in October to over 300 in November.
Sun. – Played several games of Beach Volleyball.
Yesterday – Ran 5 miles.

Today – I’m heading home after school. Most of “our” wives are getting together at our Preacher’s home for as we might say in the South, “a hen party” or rather a Ladies’ gathering. Our “displaced preacher,” I, and several other guys are meeting at a brother’s house to grill some burgers and (line from “Planes, Trains, and Automobiles”) “talk about them Bears.”

BTW – backing up to Saturday and Angel Food. The Semi that brings in our Angel Food orders delivers them to a church just south of us in Eau Gallie. Each container of food (steaks, chicken, sweet potatoes, ect) is called out by the name of the church. The cadence usually sounds like this:

1. Immanuel (Methodist)
2. Our Father (Catholic)
3. Family Values (not making that up)
4. St. Johns
5. (and then us) Central

Do you see my consternation? I told my Angel Food brothers – we need a cool name like “Immanuel” or “Family Values.” “Central” just doesn’t seem to have the “pizzazz” the other church names have.

What would you suggest?
I suggested “The Church of the Immaculate Cecil” but was met with little support and I can’t figure out why?

Any suggestions out there?

Comments:
The Church Formerly Known as Central Church of Christ. It's long, I know, but it would be unique. Paint your building purple and it's an icon.
 
Greg - That's a "Prince" of an idea.
 
I'm currently at "Downtown"... not very imaginative.
 
how about the
"Future Angel Wingers"



oh and happy thanksgiving
 
How about Ce-Ce Central..(to the tune of CC Rider)


Happy Thanksgiving!
 
St. Walker Community Fellowship. How about that?!!
 
I'm not very inventive this morning, but the others' comments were funny. However, I do identify with all the screaming muscles you describe.........not from doing all that stuff you do, but from pushing vacuum cleaners and mops and climbing on chairs to dust top shelves! Have a great Thanksgiving. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?