Monday, October 06, 2008

Yes

So how was your weekend? For us FSU Fans, it was a great but almost “un-great” weekend. At one point the “resurging” Seminoles had the Canes down 24 to 7 only to see that lead evaporate until a final conclusion of a score of:
FSU: 41
Miami: 39

Although the offense self-destructed in the second half, to see the once “Jeff Bowden “Pointless” offense” now scoring points is a welcome (no pun intended) return. I will say that there was a time when the “majority” of my mood on Monday would be dominated by the results of the weekend sporting world. At age 50 they’ve now become either a nice serendipity or slight irritant. My Monday barometer has now become for the most part, our worship on Sunday and in some ways, there is some wrong with that attitude as well.

It seems the eternal struggle of the discussion of “worship” is whether it is the impetus to a life of worship or is a “life of worship” the engine of the Sunday morning worship. I’ll come down on the side of “yes.” I know for me I continue to be inspired by how the Holy Spirit is working not only through those that “facilitate” our worship, but also how He is carrying out different types of ministry in our community in the name of Jesus. Have a good Monday.

I’m headed off on my “Run Forrest, Run” jog of almost 5 miles before I weigh in for the month at Weight Watchers.

Comments:
Imagine how you'd feel if you were an Angels fan right now!
 
I think I see an "angel" brother. I'm waving my arms from the east coast as we speak.
 
Come on everyone, wave those arms for thurman8er and those Angels!
 
My Auburn Tigers didn't play as well as I had hoped... Sunday was good - My Tony won.

I got new running shoes at lunch - I'm gonna try them out as soon as I leave work. I may even run to your house!!!
 
Maybe it's just the way I see things, but I would think spending that time in the bathroom would be a better use of time prior to weighing in for a WW meeting than running!! :)
 
Hope you had a good run and weigh-in.

P.S. - Ignore Greg! :)
 
that girl - Now that would be more in line with "Run Forrest, Run." Buy some shoes for Mr. Riley and come on down to Central Florida.

Greg - Actually and I know this may be way too much information but I try to do (run and bathroom) both before my monthly weigh-in.

Judy - I did. I did. I lovingly will because you gotta love him.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?