Monday, October 27, 2008

Check Out the Old Guy

I know recently I wrote about “labels.” “Labels or “nick-names,” we all have them and we’ve used them. I think they’re easier to use and than be use upon. Yes? I had a new one laid on me yesterday.

We went over to our friend’s home who has been hosting since the summer, an afternoon of fellowship, volleyball, and food. Since losing my weight and getting in to some semblance of “shape,” I’ve enjoyed these get-togethers. In between one of the matches, Steven’s friend, Zack, told me one of his friends saw us running together this past Monday. I remembered someone honking at us and I jokingly said that it must have been someone checking me out.

Well, as it turned out it was. It was one of his friends who when he later saw Zack asked, “Who was that old guy you were running with?” Now as I’ve said in the past, when Steven calls me “Pops,” I kind of like it but “old guy!” How about “mature balding dude” or “really ripped wise one?” What do you think bloggers? Should the “old guy” moniker stick?

BTW – the highlight of the day was Steven coming by after his doubleheader. He went 1 for 3 and 2 for 4 in both games. He said he also hit one out that just went foul. He also told us there is going to be one more cut after Tuesday’s final game. Keep the boy in your prayers.

Have a blessed day.

Comments:
How about "Shapely Shepherd" or maybe "Godly Geezer?" Those seem more appropriate.

I think it's awesome that you guys can run together. Your son will never forget the time spent with him.

I am not "running" yet, but walking every day and have now lost 41 pounds to date. I have twelve more to go to get to my ultimate weight goal. it's no longer an "if I get there," but a "when I get there."

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
 
Keith - I like the "Shapely Shepherd." The cool things about our runs is that I actually have enough wind to carry on a 5 mile conversation. Of course, I'm sure there are some that would say that I always had enough hot air to sustain such a conversation.

Man, you go Keith!!
 
Not a bad post for an old guy.
 
I've been calling you "old man" for years, but you might as well get used to it.
 
Brady - That was good.

Greg - Perhaps I've not only been old but hard of hearing as well. :)
 
I think if you use the word, "shapely" in any way to describe yourself, you must forfeit your mancard ... or what's left of it!
 
beats mold guy!
 
you guys are brutal!

I was playing tennis in Huntsville last night on my senior league (arghh) I walked past this court of guys who did at least take a glance over....then I laughed as I realized I was old enough to be their mother. Sometimes it all just catches up with me and makes me laugh or cry...
 
Old Guy.....it only sticks if you feel like an Old Guy.
 
What hurt me the most was when my own MOM told me the other day on the phone that other people could probably tell I was old! I'm - like - what is this? My own mother calling me old!

I told her, "then what does that make you?!" She just laughed. She's nearly 87 and thinks she "may be" nearing "elderly" soon, but not yet.

I don't think so, either. She's way ahead of me!!

Cheers!

Dee
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?