Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cellular Technology

I’m sure you’ve asked yourself from time to time, “What did we ever do without Cell Phones?” My take would be our lives were probably less stressful than they are now although they can be great in an emergency.

I have an additional answer today. Before the arrival of Cellular Technology, I’m sure I received less visits by Law Enforcement Officers to my classroom during class. Now, why would a L.E.O. want to visit one of my classes other than arrest me for unlawfully solving a system of linear equations, you ask? Seems we had a “situation” with cellular technology.

Our SRO (School Resource Officer) came to my room in the middle of one of my Algebra classes today. He asked all of my students to pull out their cell phones, make sure they were turned off, or at least lock the keys. When I asked him the purpose of his visit he had to tell me to wait a moment as he was talking with the Police Dispatcher.

Apparently a student was sitting in a “male teacher’s class” at our school and somehow was repeatedly dialing 9-1-1. The way the Dispatcher knew it was a “male teacher” was he could hear the male teacher yelling at his class for not doing their homework. Fortunately I was on my game today and had only resorted to chastising students for being “irrational about Pi.” Anybody (besides Steve) get that?

Yes, I miss the good old days of teaching when a teacher was respected as a professional and could get away with yelling at the kiddies for not doing their work without Law Enforcement becoming involved.

Remember, watch those cell phones.

Comments:
It is my personal and learned opinion that students who are irrational about Pi SHOULD be reported to the local law enforcement personnel. I would tell the offending student to stop reporting teachers to the police and focus on these irrational Pi folks. It's probably a good thing that I am a death broker and not a teacher, huh?
 
I just wanted to be the teacher's favorite student. The dumber I got the more difficult it became.

You mean Pecan Pi, right?
 
Greg - It is a daunting task as the search for those "irrational Pi folks" is never ending.

that girl - The only thing better is Chocolate Pecan Pi. My wife figured out the WW Points of her “CPP recipe” and it came out to 1/10 of the pie equaled 20 pts! What a way to go.
 
911 does not work here. It is 117 for us.

By the way, isn't 911 really Pi? Isn't it?
 
So.........what you're saying is the teacher is the one in trouble and not the kid dailing 911? Is that it?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?