Monday, September 08, 2008

Visitors / Angels in Disguise

What is your best “Visitor / Guest Card” comment you’ve been privy to read? I remember visiting Greg’s church in Long Beach and filling out a Card. I think I wrote something along the lines of demanding an immediate visit from the Preacher. I handed it to Greg and then he wrote a comment on my card and handed it back to me. It went something along the lines of, “Go away. We do not make visits.” We had a good laugh over it.

This past Sunday someone handed me a Guest Card that was filled out anonymously. It read:

In the opening of Sunday services, I noticed something strange. I turned around and looked back over the church and most were smiling.

That was it, no signature, no address, and no rhyme or reason for the complement. In this world that can so quickly and often take away our smile, isn’t it nice that for some, church can put it back on.

The note made me wonder if our card’s author was anonymous or an angel in disguise?


Comments:
Probably an anonymous angel in disguise. I'm glad I clicked on your link. Now I've got a good and pleasant thought to dwell on as I retire for the evening.

Thanks for sharing!

-bill
home base
 
Who could not smile in that morning worship service. But what a wonderful comment. God is in control at Central and the Spirit is alive. One can not say that Central is a dead church.
 
....now I'll be looking around to see how many are smiling Sunday morning at Berclair! :)
 
Your church allows smiling? Next you'll be telling us about a praise band ministry. Good grief, what's the world coming to? :)

I remember your request and my denial. I also remember a Sunday near Christmas when we got two cards, both anonymous, in which one person praised us for the decorations in the sanctuary and the other damned us for being "like those Catholics."

I could tell some stories about unsigned letters I've received over the years. As you can imagine, never a kind one.

Good things are coming from Cocoa, Florida! I'm very happy for you and your church family. Keep the stories coming.
 
Sad that it would be strange to see smiles in church...and that we all recongnize you are doing good things because people are smiling!!

Love it!
 
We sit near the front during worship and I often look around and behind me. I suppose (hope) people are used to that by now. I like to see my fellow worshipers as we worship. Sometimes I see smiles. Sometimes not. I wish I saw them more often.
 
its sad that that is seen as abnormal. Should we all be smiling and happy..?? its a good reminder to smile cos you never know whos watching and you never know the impact you can have on someone. A smile is contagious. When someone smiles at me i cant help but smile. I cant wait to be back with my fam there. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?