Tuesday, September 09, 2008

A Pair of 50's

Barb turned 50 today and for 9 days, I'm married to an older woman. My 50th will occur on the 18th and thus will be a “pair of fifties.” But hey, did I tell you I have my own song now?

For the second night in a row, my son and his “New Orleans partner in crime,” Zack, chose to run from beautiful West Cocoa, past our Church (www.cocoachurch.org) building, and down to the Indian River. All total, about a 5-mile run. Like last night, tonight Steven asked me to pick them up which I suppose when one runs 5 miles, one is somewhat deserving of being picked up.

When they got in the car I told them that all Heaven was rejoicing at their run. I then took Barb’s Birthday Card, which plays the “Hallelujah Chorus” when opened, and played it for them. Zack being a very quit witted young man responded by saying, “Hey Mr. Cecil, when you turn 50 next week we’ll sing, (to the tune of the “Hallelujah Chorus”) “Fifty something, fifty something, fifty something.”

Well, there you have it, immortalized in song. Tomorrow’s post will involve a surprise “write-in candidate” for President. Take care.


Comments:
Out of the mouths of babes...

We really should get together and celebrate our safe arrival at the half-century mark. But, I should note that I'm much younger than you and will not turn 50 until next month.

Haaaaaapy Birthday!
Haaaaaapy Birthday!

...to a wonderful "pair of fifites."

-bill
a spiritual oasis
 
For years you've wanted to just ignore your birthday ... which I've done to honor your wishes. Now you go and have yourself immortalized in song. I can't figure you out!! But HB to the MRS. Surely you took her to Guitar Center to let her browse and choose a gift??? Janice wanted a set of electronic drums for her birthday ... we ordered them and they should be in by the end of this week.
 
Tell Barb Happy Birthday...your wife is a very young 50...I would say she just turned 40!!!

Happy early birthday to you!

Fifty.....so what is the pair going to do to celebrate?
 
A whole century worth of great people!

Of course, being the math genius you are, there are a lot of spins you can put on this. You'll be twice five squared. In Rome, you'd only be L!
 
Happy Happy to you and Barb both! 50 isn't fatal.......I should know!!! :) I'm counting on 60 not being fatal, either, since I'm closer to it than to 50. :)
 
Happy Birthday to both of you! I thought you were younger...but 50 is not old for sure!
 
morning , and Happy Bday to ya both, 2year younger then my DH ;)


have a good~un
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?