Thursday, August 21, 2008

Still Here

Here is the latest radar loop for Central Florida as of 10:25pm. I want to thank all of you who commented and, or prayed for us yesterday. I was up until about 3:30am last night praying, pacing, checking on things, and watching the weather updates of a seemingly stationary Tropical Storm Fay.

Now, are we ready for a profound blog moment? Here it is and I know some of you can really appreciate this:
All of my worrying and pacing did not stop the rain or start Fay moving. Anybody shocked by that revelation. Why is it so hard for us worriers to not only realize the futility of worry but to actually act or in this case, not act on that revelation? The extra hours did give me time to work on my "Sling Blade ("mmm huh" and (this is for you Terri) "I reckon I'll have summa them french fried taters".) lines."

The leak in the ceiling stopped and the rain for the most part slowed down. I used our carpet cleaner to dry out the carpet to the best of my ability. It is amazing that we have received over 2 feet of rain and then some and yet are still above water. Steven and I got out in our "Expo" and took some pictures of our area which I'll post once I find my USB cable.

So my blog family, keep the prayers going up so Fay will get up and move out. I love you guys and thanks for caring. God bless.

Comments:
I guess it's true that every cloud has a silver lining!

:)
 
You're right that worrying accomplishes nothing positive in life, but it is one of the more subtle joys most of us crave.
 
That Janice ... she logged in on the computer and didn't log out. The above comment as well as this one is by her husband.
 
I saw the news today and the storm. So you are right in the middle of it? That is an enormous amount of rain.

Thinking of you and yours,
Brady
 
that girl - No doubt. BTW - I lost my password to your blog site. I got an email confirmation of it at my work address but not here at home.

Greg and Jan - Interesting way of putting it but true.

Brady - Good to hear from you. Would that much rain be a problem in Switzerland? How about that much snow? It's been quiet here for most of the night.
 
Been praying..........and thinking about you. I think there's a fine line between worrying and being prepared and alert! :)

Just tell me the kitties aren't waterlogged!!
 
You and yours remain in my thoughts and prayers. Let me know if there is any way I/we can assist you with the clean up.

-bill
a spiritual oasis
 
It is amazing what a different a day makes...the water is slowly going down in our yard and around out neighborhood. This is a good thing.
Heard from Mark last night, he was in Alabama. Sure do miss him, Janel, and Chen as well.
 
I want you to know that those in Florida are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. I hope and pray that we can reach out to those in need. I pray that God will open doors of opportunity for the church to make a kingdom difference in those who are suffering from the flooding.
 
I understand EXACTLY what you've been going through, Cecil, being up most of the night pacing and watching the weather on TV, hoping against hope that it's all just a bad dream. Tom and I have certainly done our share of that in the past!

Hopefully, now that our home is (we think) safely up on top of a hill above a creek we won't have to worry about water pouring in from all sides. Unless we have a 40 day flood, which I suppose COULD happen. (See how I worry, too!)

Hope today finds you guys beginning to dry out. We've sure seen lots of flooded homes there in your area on the news the past day and evening. I hope y'all will have a chance to minister to those who flooded.

In the meantime . . . Fay is now looking as if it is headed directly over us in a few days! So, now I covet y'all's prayers for us over here that Fay will fizzle out by the time it gets here and not cause further damage.

Much love and many blessings to you all today!

Dee
 
Judy - Kittens (Buddy aka "our dog" and Cloe) did well and are now taking their customary naps.

Bill - Thanks Brother. We're O.K. here. How are things in Tampa?

LM - Glad "our kids" are doing O.K.

preacherman - Thanks my brother. It is amazing how a storm like this will open doors to sharing the Kingdom.

Dee - You got it. May Fay both fizzle and dry up before it reaches you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?