Saturday, August 09, 2008

Man Card Please

We had a great Thursday night. We met, wait, should I keep Steve's (http://web.mac.com/smpuckster/Site/Podcast/Podcast.html) name (aka the Puckster) out of this? Nah. Any way, we met Steve and his wife Cindy for dinner at Moe's Mexican Grill and then we decided at the LAST MINUTE to see Mama Mia.

That's it, Steve, our man cards are not in jeopardy after all. You guys agree with me right? This was a last minute decision and therefore does not fall under the auspices of "Man Law." I love it when an epiphany appears in the middle of a blog.

O.K., for you lady bloggers out there I will admit that parts (like the credits) of the movie were borderline O.K. The ABBA Music made me want to dye my hair blond and make a pilgrimage to Sweden and the scenery on the Greek Island was spectacular.

I do endure, I mean enjoy a good musical in person but seeing one on the digital big screen just doesn't connect with me. At one point I sent a text message to my son asking him what he was up to and if we would be BFF. When he asked me in his text what I was doing I had to swear him to secrecy by texting, "I'm at Mama Mia and you can't tell anyone." He didn't pick up on my sarcasm be his text answer was, "Are you O.K.?"

I guess being "O.K." is relative to the degree of your location and activity. When we were on the Summit of Mount (13,700ft.) if you asked me if I was O.K. I would have answered yes despite the fact my heart was trying to exit my chest and I was bleeding a bit from some spills I had taken on the way up.

I guess would be a similar situation to what occurred on the way out of our theater. There was a theater employee waiting to enter the theater as we exited and he was asking everyone, "Did you enjoy the movie?" He was on a long string of "Yes's" when he hit me with the same question. I think the glazed look in my eye, the cell phone in my hand, and the fact that I answered with, "Somebody pull the trigger," messed up his streak.

As a sidenote my wife still loves me since I do make her coffee in the morning. She also said that the looks on my face during the movie were almost as good as the movie itself. What can I say but, "Mama mia."

Comments:
OK - you get a pass from me, although it is a a bit suspect. In this situation I would say, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

I was talking to a friend of mine about this movie and he said, his wife had asked him to go see it with him. I conferred to him that my wife had also made this request of me, to which we both let our significant others know that we would NOT go and see this excuse for silly galavanting with music that reeks of a fantasy of flight type film, I digress.
He added this note - "Chris, if I go see this, my penis will fall off."
Uh...
Didn't see that one coming.
My solution - we can't have that, have your wife call mine, and we all lived happily every after with all body parts in tow.
 
I'm not going to watch it. I have heard nothing about it that makes me want to go. You boys are making it worse. If it's that bad, I'm not even renting it!
 
I hate to say it, but regardless of when the decision was made to see the show, your Man Card should still be revoked. By the way, you guys in Cocoa have your Man Cards yet? Go get it from my site, OfficialManCard.com. Check out our videos, revoke a man card, and go get yours!
 
I can't think of one solitary thing to add to any of this! :)
 
I don't who you saw that "supposed" move with but it wasn't me!!!

However, I had a freaky dream on Thursday night about Pierce Brosnan wearing a wig and dancing in a pant suit! I'm assuming it was the heartburn from Moe's Southwest Mexican Grill!

I'll happily give a man card to anyone who can hang with me on the bench press . . . well, not right now since I have a bum shoulder.

Peace.
 
Hey...I think secretly you enjoyed it and you had to complain so noone really knows you enjoyed it. I saw it and it is a fun movie...yes it is a total chic flick. It has its totally weird moments but the scenary of Greece is wonderful. My Niel took me but since we have only been married 16 months, I guess that is expected. I also wanted him to see the wonderful scenes of Greece...that is one of the places I would love to go to. It's on my bucket list. So, since you have endured this, maybe as a life group we should all go see The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants II. Just an idea.More Greece scenes.
 
Now, Cecil -

Tom took me to see Mamma Mia! and he really enjoyed it. I, of course, being the huge ABBA fan that I am, LOVED it! How can you go see that movie and not want to jump up and dance?!

I told Tom when the movie comes out on DVD, I have to get it so I can keep watching it and listening to the music. Plus, that Greek island was absolutely fantastic. I'd LOVE to go to Greece and even blogged about it as where I'd most like to go in the world.

Cheers & Blessings to you all today!

Dee
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?