Sunday, August 24, 2008

Legacy

I’m sitting in my family room watching the closing ceremonies of the Summer Olympics. 
I can here my son playing his guitar in his bedroom and singing “Blessed Be Your Name.”
I think the following lyrics (also from Job 1:21) from that song could be our church’s theme song:
You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name.”

This has been a great summer for our church in a number of ways.
For us, being able to offer both an a-capella and instrumental service has been a blessing.
Now you might think Barb and I are “sick” people but we actually hang around for both services or at least one and a half.
We usually attend the early / a-capella service because we like the earlier time. 
After Sunday School we’ll attend the first part of the instrumental service.
Now, we have a somewhat vested interested since our son is singing with the instrumental praise team.
What is heartening is to see energy and passion in both services as well as smiling faces.
Our a-capella praise team has taken our a-capella service to the levels (my opinion) that I’ve encountered at the Pepperdine Bible Lectures or even at a Zoe Conference.
In addition, I can’t say enough about our instrumental service and it’s worship leader.
He has taken us to places in such a small amount of time that is simply amazing.
I know I may sound like I’m bragging but I’m like Greg in that I write about such things so there is a written record of these kinds of things for future generations. 
I pray that the legacy we leave behind for our children, grandchildren, and beyond is that like Jesus, Martin Luther, Alexander Campbell, and David Lipscomb, who left a template of living out a faithful life, never afraid to re-define how to live out the Christian life.
 
Have a great and “dry” week family.
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 


Comments:
You have a dry week, too! :)
 
Great post.
I hope you have a great week! :-)
 
I'm envious. I long for a service with instrumental worship, but won't have one without leaving College. Maybe someday we'll be where you're at now.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?