Thursday, July 31, 2008

Run the Show

I haven’t forgotten about my “Trek Summit pictures.” They will be coming. I hope I don’t sound like a bragging parent with my next statement. If I do, feel free to hurl blog tomatoes towards this post. I don’t think I’ve begun to grasp the magnitude of what Steven and Zack have done for the Carrollton Church.

Here are 2 very young men, 18 years old, who allowed God to give them a vision of continuing to help the Carrollton Church as well as the city of New Orleans. Further, they took this vision and acted on it. They acted on it even when their own parents, their number one advocates, the home team if you will, had their doubts. To say that is embarrassing on my part would be an understatement. I was almost an instrument of preventing the family of a man in prison, some people who have to wash and dry their clothes in a Laundromat, and a still recovering church in New Orleans from being encouraged by 2 young, determined Christians.

Isn’t this “where the rubber meets the road” stuff. We say we want our kids to mature in Christ and we say that we’re permission giving when it comes to church leadership but are we? Thank you God for teaching this guy a lesson, again.

I spoke to Steven last night. He led singing and Zack taught the class. They plan on working with one of the Carrollton’s volunteers, someone we came to know affectionately as “Santa Kirk.” They plan to return to the Laundromat tonight. Thank you for your prayers and continue to remember Zack and Steven.


Comments:
We need to be able to give praise where praise is do without feeling like were bragging or being haughty. I'm glad you shared with us those things.

Can't wait to see the pictures.
 
Trey - Thanks. We'll try for the pics tomorrow. I sent Steven a text message asking him if he and Zack were O.K. around 11pm. He text back, "Oh yea. LOL"

Sounds like they're also having a good time as well.
 
I want to see the pics, of course, but am much more interested in what those two guys are doing! God bless them.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?