Friday, May 02, 2008

Steven Baseball - Part Deux

[Note: This blog is being posted from Temecula, California for someone who doesn't seem to have time to do this at night by someone who really doesn't have the time to do this by day. But, hey, what are friends for??]

Well Greg’s warning has come to fruition – I’m late on the rest of Steven’s Baseball History but it’s been and continues to be a whirlwind week. Family, we need some prayers.

We’re trying to work out a way to fly to Oklahoma Christian for a baseball try-out for Steve-o on May 17th. We also found out he has a try-out in Tampa at Hillsborough CC on that Sunday, May 18th. So, we need to fly from Orlando to OC on Friday, May 16, go to the tryouts on the Saturday the 17th, and try to find a late Saturday evening flight or and early Sunday morning flight to make it back to Orlando, and then drive to Tampa for his try-out. I’m still waiting to hear from Steven’s H.S. coach for the time of that Sunday’s tryout. So, we need prayers for:

1. The timing, that we’re able to make this work.

2. To be able to find flights that will work for both tryouts.

3. That Steven does well.

4. He really wants to go to OC.

5. That we can afford to send him to OC should it work out.

6. Safe travel.

7. A cure for hair loss as I continue to grow balder by the weekend.

Thanks family.

P.S. Steve-0 has a tryout with our local community (Brevard Community College) on Wednesday.


Comments:
Good grief, Cecil!

I was having trouble getting logged in to (stupid) Blogger (they changed the password rules on me mid-stream without warning!?!) before I could respond to your last post and lo and behold, there's a second NEW post for me to respond to (thanks to Greg).

Sounds like things are getting real exciting to the point that it's TOO much so. I pray that all will work out well for all of you, and most of all for Steven.

God bless you all as you work toward Steven's next steps in life. This is an exciting time for you and Steven and I am very happy for you!

Much love,

Dee
 
Man, you are going to be BUSY that weekend! I sure hope you find success in the quest. The ManChild needs to play on that level ... he certainly has the ability to do so if some coach will take the time to notice him. GOOD LUCK!!! I wonder, though, if this works out do you think you might possibly blog about it?? :)
Greg (I'm logged in on your account so it looks like you're writing this response.)
 
Dee - I will second your "good grief!" I would like some closure on this search for Steven and if it's not asking too much God, some "good" closure would be nice. Thanks for dropping by and I hope you're doing well.

cwinwc aka Greg - Thanks for the posting Bro. I hope our time crunch becomes a bit less cluttered.
 
Since Dee took "good grief," I'll say "holy moly!" You all be safe and relaxed as you maneuver. Praying for all said aspects of this and, especially, for the very best for Steven. Love you guys.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?