Thursday, May 15, 2008

O.C. Bound

This time tomorrow, Steve-o and I will be Oklahoma City and Oklahoma Christian University bound. All day yesterday at church, I was humming the "3 Dog Night" song, "Never Been to Spain." I guess after this weekend I can say that I've been to Oklahoma.

Remember the lyrics:
Well I've never been to Heaven
But I've been to Oklahoma
Well they tell me I was born there
But I really don't remember
In Oklahoma, not Arizona
what does it matter, what does it matter.

We'll arrive in OC at 12 noon tomorrow. We plan on touring the campus, hopefully meeting the Coach, finding a place for Steven to do some "BP," going to the OC Bombing Memorial, and trying to get a good night's rest before his try-out begins at 9am on Saturday. BTW, Coach White is an (sorry Randy) elder at his church and he's performing a wedding that evening. You have to love a coach that is involved with his church and it's people.

We covet your prayers for a safe journey out, a good tryout, and a safe flight back. Steven's dream is to play baseball "at the next level." I always imagined that "next level" to be some where here in Florida, not Arizona, oops, sorry about that, slipped into that song again. But I'm excited about the prospect of Steven attending a Christian College. I pray that it happens.

Oh, we'll need those "Smoky Bear prayers" as we'll arrive back in Orlando at 12:25pm on Sunday only to have to make the drive to Tampa for a tryout at Hillsborough Community College at 2pm. Keep those prayers going for Southwest Airlines and it baggage handlers. Can you believe TSA won't let a little thing like a baseball bat in the passenger cabin. Shocking.

Hope you have a good weekend family.

Comments:
I know. Last time they took away my ice-axe and flair gun. What's wrong with those guys?

Have a fun trip together, no matter what the outcome.
 
Shoot they tried to take a "flip" from Terri on a cruise ship...what next!

Good luck, it will be a greand experience, and I know Steve will do great!
 
Yeah, and I would've been able to do a lot of damage with that flip, too!

I hope he does well! Hang in there, Pops!
 
Hope it's a great trip in every respect. I've driven through OK a couple of times and find it a beautiful state to drive through!
 
Many thoughts and prayers go with you for all aspects of the trip. I'd enjoy seeing pictures from the memorial if it's appropriate. Hope Steven is in rare form and it turns out the way he wants it to. Then you can sing "Okie from Muskogee," or something! :)
 
Brady - No way! You can always come to (if you can get past the TSA guys) West Cocoa with your ice axe and flair gun.

djg - O.K., I'm a guy - what is a "flip?" BTW - thanks.

that girl - I'm "flipping out" wanting to know what a "flip" is? Thank for the support, this "Pops" needs it.

Greg - Kind of like Georgia huh?
Thanks Bro.

Judy - I'm bringing the camera. The "Okie" song reminds me of many a Saturday night at our local "Stock Car Race Track" back in the 70's. That song and Marty Robbins, "Take a Letter Maria" was played quite a bit.
 
In the true south, a "flip" is what wannabe southerners call a "sling shot." Unless, of course, it's something else!
 
safe trip,

and the best to Steve!
 
Truly thinking about you guys. I pray for safety and success.
 
I hope you have a great time in O.C. I stopped by the memorial and just sat and remember all the victims of the bombing. Young and old. The evidence of an evil mind still haunts that city. May we never forget. May we keep them in our prayers always.
Again, have a safe trip.
God bless.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?