Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Honor Grad

Good morning family. Proud moment for Steve-o last night as he received his "gold cord" indicating his status as a "Honors Graduate." Its hard to believe that he is a Senior just days away from starting the next chapter of his life. We're proud of the boy. Here are some pics from last night.Steven getting out of his car in the distance. Our baseball field and the current rash of wild fires can be seen behind him. When I saw him getting out of his car from a distance it reminded me of one of this "mind's eye pictures" I spoke about in my last post. That "picture" is the one in my mind of my Mom, Steven's "Nanny," throwing him pitches when he was 6 in the parking lot of the Condo we lived in as we built our home. Yesterday was my Mom's birthday.
A very dark picture of Steven receiving his gold cord from Cocoa High's Principal.
The Honor Grad looking with disdain at the picture taking proud Papa or as he likes to call me, "Pops."And finally - the Honor Greg with a "Josh (Greg's son) like" pose. Greg, he reminded me of Josh doing one of his "Jim Carey" imitations.

Comments:
Congratulations to Steven... the easy days are behind him now! :)

I can't wait to hear about what comes next!
 
Congrats all around, Pops!

Peace.
 
Good-looking kid............and smart, too! I don't blame you for being proud...........
 
What are honors? Is that like making grades that rhyme with SEE?
 
Would it change your perspective at all to know that I, too, received that gold cord upon my high school graduation?
 
that girl - Now that is an interesting (...easy days are behind him now!) way to put it but it is so true.

Puck = Thanks Bro.

Judy - Looks just like me, not.

Brady - To quote the comedian from the Red Foxx show of the 70's, "You can call me Ray, you can call me Jay, but this Honor Grad's (or at least most of them)grades rhyme not with "See" but mostly with "Say."

Greg - Now you didn't have to say that! Actually, now I know there's hope for the boy if he can be half the man his Uncle Greg is.
 
Congratulations to everyone! It's a great time!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?