Monday, April 07, 2008

UCF

Our head coach is a former All-American Pitcher for UCF. Because of his connections we were able to play our game with West Orange High (Class 6A - ranked 2nd in the State) at Jay Bergman Field at the University of Central Florida. Although we came up on the short end of a 7 to 3 score, Steven played well going 3 for 4 with 2 doubles. Since my last post his line totals look like:
1. 2 for 3 - 2 homeruns
2. 1 for 3 - Sacrifice fly and a RBI single.
3. 2 for 4 - RBI single and a RBI double.
4. 3 for 4 tonight with 2 doubles and a single.

That's about a .571 clip for the last 4 games. To say that it was pleasure watching Steven playing on a Division 1 field and performing at the level he's performing would be an understatement. The serendipty of the night was when Coach Arnold asked me to announce the game.

Yes, so there I was in the "air-conditioned" Pressbox of Jay Bergman Field. A pressbox with 2 levels, flat screen computer monitors, and the biggest mic I've ever seen annoucing our game. To be able to say over speakers that someone told me as they were driving up they could hear from 2 miles away, "Second straight double by the Second Baseman, Steven Walker," was indeed priceless.

Our prayers now are that someone notices Steven and offers him a scholarship. Keep the boy in your prayers. It's been quite a ride.

Comments:
Definitely will be praying for this fine young man and his number one fan!

Blessings,
-bill
a spiritual oasis
 
I just wished we could get you excited about it brother. Come on let some of that enthusiasm through into the blog world.

I really love hearing your Steven stories. If someone doesn't take notice, they're blind. A kid doing that well in north Alabama would surely be headed to college via scholarship. We are praying for him.
 
Praying...........
 
I will put in a good word at Bama for him! Love you all bro.

Peace.
 
Are you going to tell them it's a package deal for your expert commentary and insightful, witty renditions of the batting lineup?
 
At least he didn't hit one of those danged home runs!
 
Bill - Thanks Bro.

Keith - I know brother, I'm just afraid a sheer explosion of emotion will lead someone to believe that this blog is going to lead to "entertainment." A little coC humor.

Judy - Thanks.

Puck - I would gladly "roll" with the Tide if they were to roll the bucks Steve-o's way.

Randy - I didn't think about that route as to market Steven. It could be like certain Pitchers wanting certain Catchers to catch for them during a game. I'm sorry Coach but unless my Dad announces when I get up, no deal.

Greg - Yes, stayed out of the "long ball dog house" this time.
 
Hey, Cecil -

You have every right to be proud of Steven and I hope and pray he will continue to do so well in baseball and, indeed, get a college scholarship!

Much love,

Dee

P. S. Thanks for your comment today on my current blog post about me and my dad. I really appreciate it and ask your prayers that it may do well in the writing contest so that the Lord will be magnified through it!
 
Dee - Thanks. I know my request for prayers for a college scholarship for Steven may seem a bit out of line, and, or selfish and I'm willing to admit that. I just know how passionate about the game he is and I want him to be able to pursue this passion as long as he can.

You certainly have my prayers concerning the Writing Contest and thanks for stopping by.
 
You hit that post out of the park. Hitting over .500? Wow.
 
Amazing. I've never met you or your boy, but I absolutely love reading your stuff about him. I will be praying for him and you. As I regularly do.

Thanks for the update.
 
Awesome picture of the feild.
There is nothing better thank light, a diamond, smell of hot dogs and roasted peanuts. Thanks for sharing this with us and hope you had fun.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?