Saturday, March 15, 2008

Update on the Update

I want to thank everyone for his or her prayers. Steven’s ankle isn’t broken, as we feared. In fact, I went to the ball field to check on him Friday afternoon. When I arrived at the field I had several parents tell me that Steven had to be “chased off the field” by the Coaches. This was due to him running poles in the Outfield to prove his ankle was O.K.

When I went into the dugout I found him stewing on the bench. He looked at me, glared, pointed towards the coaches and said, “They made me get off the field!” I told Steven that the Coaches are smart and know what they are doing with respect to his ankle healing.

Yet, I think I know where he is coming from. Steven has always had a warrior’s heart. He wants to lead and to contribute to the cause, even at (apologies to Alan Iverson and his infamous comments about the importance of “Practice” –

“Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about practice. When you come to the arena, and you see me play, you've seen me play right, you've seen me give everything I've got, but we're talking about practice right now. ... Hey I hear you, it's “funny to me too, hey it's strange to me too but we're talking about practice man, we're not even talking about the game, when it actually matters, we're talking about practice ...”) practice.

I also think being a Senior; he sees everything associated with baseball, as he knows it, including practice, as fleeting. Going on to play College or Major League Baseball is by no means a given. So, combine all of the above and you get the opposite of the “Alan Iverson” when it comes to, yes, even practice. I guess my prayer request now is that Steven doesn’t push himself too hard too soon and cause more injury to his ankle.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Take care.


Comments:
That's a tough one on a kid--especially one with so much passion for the game. Brandon went through a time with his knee last year and it about killed him not being on the basketball court.

I pray that Steven be able to get back in there again. I know the team misses him.
 
Glad the young bro is okay. I'm sure he will succeed in whatever area he goes pro.

I understand you had a certain St. Melbourne yoot minister on your praise team yesterday.

He had great things to say about the worship environment at St. Cocoa.

Peace.
 
Put him in a restraining device! :) I'll pray for his spirt to calm long enough for his ankle to heal, also. Glad it's not broken.
 
Keith - Thanks Bro. Steven played tonight going 1 for 2.

Puck - Yes, the Joe-miester was in the Central house. He did a great job on our Praise Team which continues to get better and better with each Sunday.

Judy - Thanks. I know what you mean.
 
Sorry I have been out of the loop with training etc...glad everything came out okay....good to have a determined guy!!
 
glad to hear the ankle will be fine - tell him if the coaches didn't think he was valuable to the team they would have let him continue
 
I've been a bit out of touch lately, but wanted you to know Steven is in my prayers...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?