Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Monday

What a Monday I had although nothing as “hole-ly” as Greg’s (http://gregengland.com/) day at the Funeral. My plans for my Monday were typical of a Monday with plans for high school baseball and a Weight Watcher’s weigh-in.

1. Go to School. Prepare kids for the FCAT. Pray for the kids.

2. Go to church. Go on my 2 and a half mile pre-Weigh Watcher run.

3. Clean up.

4. Weigh in.

5. Go to the Baseball Field.

6. Run the Scoreboard / play Dee-jay – My partner Tom had the call that night.

7. Eat dinner after the game with wife, Steven, and Liz.

8. Go home.

9. What is becoming a ritual that I look forward to – rehash the game and catch up with Liz.

10. Crash

As Monday went, numbers 1 and part of number 2 went according to plan until “the Call.” I’ve never been accused of being smart and I suppose the route I run would confirm this conclusion. Now, let’s all laugh together before I type this next part. Ready, begin:

“Chuckle chuckle, snort, snort, laugh, laugh.”

The route I run starts off by going “down hill” (yes, we do have some “hills” in flat Florida) along the River Road and then on my return trip it amazingly turns into an “uphill” run. It was on the uphill / return portion that wife rings my cell phone. Seems she has her second flat tire on her Honda Accord in 2 months, a different tire. The effect on the above was:

1. No effect.

2. My nice run turns into (stop laughing) an uphill sprint back to my car.

3. Yes, we have to skip the obligatory cleanup as well. Good thing we don’t have “Smell-a-Vision” on Blogger.

4. No Weigh-in. No time and too bad as well, I would have been way under 189 at this point.

5. Short circuited big time. Anybody ever change a tire on a Honda? I may have mentioned this in a previous post – because of some weird better idea/ Japanese engineering, flat tires on a Honda must be dislodged by not only doing your normal change the tire routine, you must also:

A. Crawl under the car! Yes, under the car.

B. Kick the tire from underneath the car towards the outside to dislodge it.

C. Keep a steady eye on the Japanese jack holding up the car as you’re underneath it trying to change a tire.

· At this point we’re still on number 5 because I have to drive to a local tire shop that’s closing in 10 minutes to drop off said tire.

· During this time I call the Coaches at the field to let them know that Tom will be at the field to announce the game / play the National Anthem/ etc.

· A call comes in from Tom saying he’s stuck in (I know Steve will love this one) “Space Center” (I’m not making that up Steve) Traffic and we’ll be late.

· I drop off said tire at the Tire Shop, drive to the Field.

6. Finally arrive at the field in the following condition:

A. Hot

B. Smelly

C. Dirty

D. Wearing grease covered shorts and t-shirt, oh, and my head band.

· Tom does arrive in time to start the game.

· Before we get to number 7, Steven’s sister calls to tell me that her battery is dead a few miles away from the field.

· Kudos to Preacher Don who helped Liz get her car started and she arrived around the 4th inning.

· We did win the game in 8 innings, 4 to 3. Steven went 1 for 2 driving in one of our runs with a RBI single, he was hit by a pitch, and he reached on an error. He stole 2 bases and was thrown out twice – another blog post.

We finally got to 7 – 10 and thankfully so. If you’re still here after all that, God bless you. Have a good week Family.


Comments:
I don't know about you, but I'm exhausted.
 
Whew! Sounds like a normal day for you, actually. Except I zeroed in on how things change when you have TWO kids to split time between!!! :)
 
the plan made me exhausted - the execution of the plan nearly killed me
 
Sounds like a busy week.
Make sure you make time for God.
:-).
I hope you have a great week!
 
I'm more confused than exhausted.
 
I thought the A, B, C, D stuff was multiple choice so I was confused from beginning to end.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?