Sunday, December 09, 2007

Weekend Roundup

As I said in my earlier post, we spent the weekend in Jacksonville Beach and attend the Carolina Panthers vs. the Jacksonville Jaguars game. However my weekend didn’t start out with so much fun. Since its Christmas time imagine Cousin Eddie in the movie, Christmas Vacation, emptying the black water tank of his “R.V.” into the city sewer, yelling at the yuppie Couple across the street, “The shi-_ter’s full.” That was my Saturday morning.

We are on septic tanks here in beautiful West Cocoa. I had already planned to pop the lid off my sewer tank and clean out the filter. Our toilets and washer had been draining slower and slower so I knew it was time. So I got up early Saturday morning and went to use the bathroom in our guest bathroom. It’s the bathroom with the toilet that you’re suppose to jiggle the handle when you’re done so it won’t over flow. You probably guessed it, I did everything but jiggle the handle. I went into our bathroom to shave and brush my teeth when I heard a sound like running water. I tell you family, it’s a bad, bad feeling when you see water running into your living room over your laminate floor! Fortunately we only ended up with one bad spot in our living room, the hallway, and Steven’s bedroom but I felt like a putz!

After we got up as much water as we could with the steam-vac it was on to the outside to clean the sewer filter. The filter is designed to catch hair, soap, and “other solids” from entering the drain field and causing damage. The aroma itself was to die for but I popped the cap in the tank, pulled out the filter, offered to let my wife hose it down but was surprisingly turned down, and then hosed down the filter. Out toilets and showers immediately began to flow without hesitation. I was then ordered to take a shower due to the strange aroma that was emanating from my skin.

We left for Jacksonville Beach around 2pm and arrived around 4:30. The rest I’ll leave for the pictures. Enjoy.
The view from our 4th story Hotel on Jacksonville Beach.

The "boys" room next to ours. Steven on the edge of the bed with Matthew on the laptop and David "eatting" a clothes hanger.

Brett's son Zack with the "Chuckster" and Steven in the background.

The Chuckster in our room getting ready to go see the Jags kick some Panther "bu-tra."
Are view at Alltel / Jacksonville Municipal Stadium. Jags getting ready to score in their 37 to 6 victory. The crowd kept chanting "Freddy, Freddy, Freddy" as Jags and fomer Gator halfback Fred Taylor passed Tiki Barber on the "Career Rushing Yardage List" with well over 130 yards.
From left to right Chuck, Zack, Matthew, Steven, and David. I think Zack's Dad Brett only made it into one picture.
A group shot as left the Jags Game - Zack, Steven, Matthew, David, Chuck, and yes, Bret.


Oh, Bret made it into 2 shots. That's his bald head at the bottom of the picture. I wanted a shot of the practice fields but can you see the guy in the red button down shirt? He was stretching a rope to force people to make a wide arc as they went from one elevator to the next. How would you like that job?

Last picture - I took the picture to show all the vehicles of Law Enforcement at the Jags game. Crime must be low in the rest of Jacksonville on Game Day.



















Comments:
Looks like a fun trip!
 
First picture, Steven looks like a starving Ethiopian!

Ah, the joy of cleaning out the sh**ter filter! It just doesn't get much better than that, does it? And to think Barbara turned down your offer to help out with the washing of the filter. She'd never make it in "Little (out)House on the Prairie."
 
That does look like a wonderful trip. But I don't envy the sh*tter experience. We have a septic tank too, with a pump because of our position on the lake....one time the pump went out...and David smelled like you probably smelled....yuk!!
 
Too much information!! :)

And I have to take issue with your choice of teams to root for. On the Panthers' side (I think) is a guy who can run like the wind and has a wide killer smile.......DeAngelo Williams. He hails from Memphis and was a highly popular UofM Tiger!

Seriously, looks like a good trip. Glad you were able to do this, have fun, and are home safely.
 
Football is what people watch when there's not baseball on. Still, I'm happy you had a good time.
 
Looks like a good time was had by all. Glad you hid the beer coolers for the pictures!

I won't get into my septic system experiences.

Peace.
 
jd - May have been the best ever for our group.

Greg - He didn't get his belly (or lack thereof) from me. I don't Barb appreciates the "Cousin Eddy" in me.

djg - It was. Now David and I have something in common.

Judy - Williams was one of the lone bright spots from the Panthers.

Steve - Spoken like a true baseball fan. Can live in the State of Florida and not like football.

Puck - I think the boys hid the "coolers" from us.
 
I went to one game when I was in Texas for school. Saw the Cowboys play (I think it was Tampa Bay that they beat). It was quite an experience, and I remember the noise of the crowd more than the actual game.

Glad you had fun. Except for the filter business.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?