Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Time

Once again Christmas time as come and left in what seems like a blink of an eye. Ours started off with Steven’s Christmas Concert the last week of school. Steven is in the first row, second from the left.
Most of this post will consist of the obligatory family pictures but stay tuned for gift idea gentlemen. I was given a mandate by my lovely wife for a “cordless Christmas.” After receiving my mandate I found myself wondering around Merritt Island and Cocoa Beach when (insert John Madden voice or Emerald for that matter) “bam,” it came to me. What came to me – I’ll tell you at the end but I will tell you this – it was good if I do say so myself. O.K. – obligatory pictures time.
Here’s my "lovely / don't give me anything with a cord" wife. She is the engine that drives the celebration of Christmas in our family and at our church as well.
As Hawkeye said on an episode of “M.A.S.H.,” here is some “ill-gotten booty.” This is Steven at the start of unwrapping.

Our tree wasn’t as “full” as the Griswold Family Christmas Tree but then we didn’t have the “sap” problem they did which kept me from pulling my wife’s hair or lamps at night.
How about a little “Christmas Vacation Movie Trivia?” The scene of the Griswold’s cutting down their “Griswold Family Christmas Tree” takes place on a golf course in Colorado.
From left to right: Sister-in-law, Karen and “Parent-in-laws” Anita and Frank.
“Are we ever going to open up these “Santa presents?” Steven seems to be thinking that or perhaps wondering why he is up before the “crack of noon.” He later told me the other thought he had was that the box seemed too heavy to be a “PS3 Player.”
It was a PS3 player! One of the few times we’ve actually fooled the boy.
As “Cousin Eddy” would say on “Christmas Vacation,” “Clark, it’s the gift that keeps on giving.” A special gift that my father and sister-in-law like to give, “scratch off lottery tickets.” O.K., are you ready for my wife’s “cordless Christmas gift?” Here it is:
Give up? This is a picture of a suite like the one we stayed in at the Ron Jon’s Resort on Cape Canaveral. I was able to get a good deal for the day and night of December 26th so I took my wife out to the Beach for a relaxing time sans cooking, cleaning, and planning. Being only 10 miles away from our beautiful villa in West Cocoa we were able to get away by ourselves for a while and then invite Steven and some of his buddies to spin the night with us. The Resort has a water slide, lazy river, huge pool, several hot tubs, putt-putt golf, basketball court, and a movie theater.

It was great to hang out with my wife for a while and then hang out with son and friends later. So there you have guys, a cordless gift idea for next year.









Comments:
Christmas makes for some great photos!
 
All of our photos (first year w/ grandbaby) came out blurry. I think the anti-shake system was turned off on the camera. Anyway, your "cordless" idea reminded me of the time I took Janice to Cocoa Beach for a weekend and your mom kept our children so we could have an evening away. But I thought for sure you'd gotten Barbara a wireless system for an electric guitar ... which would have made a good gift as well.
 
A belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Cecil, to you and your entire family!

Love the pictures you took and love the "cordless" gift! You're a good husband!

Hope you're enjoying your time off from school there in sunny Florida. It's cool and sunny here in South Mississippi at the moment, but we've been having lots of clouds and some thunderstorms passing through periodically every day or two, so I haven't liked that. Although we DO need the rain.

Many blessings to you all today!

Dee
 
That is what David and I are giving each other too, a weekend at the beach...starting tomorrow.

any squirrels in your tree???
 
Thanks for sharing the pictures. At our house we got a new digital camera, and we are still learning to use it. I got some good pictures but don't know how to share them in blogland. And since I don't have a blog of my own, that's best anyway!! :)

Great gift for Barb! And what a great guy you are!!
 
sounds like ya hada a great Christmas,



Hope 2008 is even better! :)
 
I'm glad you invited your son and his friends to come spend the night with you guys at that romantic place.

Happy New Year
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?