Friday, November 16, 2007

Oasis

I had one of those weeks again. Busy at school, busy at church, and busy at ministry. I praise God for the latter but it took me out of the blogging mode.





Son had his next to last Fall Ball Game last night. He played 2nd and went 0 for 3 at the plate. He hit the ball hard, in fact his last at-bat he hit one to deep leftfield but our latest (don't laugh) cold front came in around the 4th inning bringing a strong wind out of the North. The wind kept his ball from going out. Hard to believe his last Fall Ball game as a Senior is next week.





The good thing about that game is his Uncle Bobby will be down from South Carolina and we’ll get to see him play. I’d like to ask for prayers for Barb. She is experiencing severe pain in her sciatic nerve.

I'm driving our church bus right after school today as I take our Youth Group to a youth rally in Jacksonville (http://www.oasisyouthrally.com/) called Oasis. Our youth guy was involved in conceiving and putting together "Oasis." I would ask that you pray for us to have a safe journey and that the teens will grow closer to God this weekend. I would ask that you pray for my ability to get some sleep as well but, I'm hanging out with a bunch of teens this weekend - don't bother.

Have a great weekend family.


Comments:
This time last year I was experiencing severe sciatic nerve pain, too so I am going to pray very specifically for Barb!!!

Have a great weekend!
 
I take it, that Barb is your wife?



safe trip!
 
Having some back pain at my house, so I, too, have prayed very sympathetically for Barb. Hope she's better son. Prayers also offered for a safe trip for you and company and even for some rest! You have a great weekend, too. :)
 
Bless you guys. Be inspired!
 
I'm fairly confident Barb won't heed this advice, but when it's sciatic nerve pain, it's time to call Yocum, et al.
 
I hope that God blesses your time with the teens. May we never grow up, my friend.
 
Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
 
Cecil,

You're invited to submit your favorite blog or blog article to be considered for the soon to be released book-----The Church of Christ is Blogging, (subtitle) The Best Blogs of 2007--Selected Articles and Essays.

Edited by Ben Overby and John Dobbs
Published by Fresh Grace Publishing, Rochester NY
Publish Date: January 1, 2008

So,get your suggestions in ASAP. I'll be researching hundreds of blogs and John and I will funnel the group down to between 30 and 50 blogs before I send the work to my printer.

Please send me the web link and the reason you enjoy the blog. The book will divide into a handful of blog themes such as some of the following: Seniors, Teens, Inspiration, Issues, Family, Doctrinal, Motivational, etc.

The book will be marketed to members of the churches of Christ. I hope to introduce traditional print readers to some of the talented writers we're blessed with in the world of electronic media by providing a wonderful sampling from each blog (with the blog author's permission of course). I'm only interested in well-written, thoughtful, blogs which are updated with some regularity (daily, weekly, monthly).

Deadline for your suggestions: November 30th 2007.
Send suggestions to benoverby@specialtywriting.com

Thanks for your help! Please forward this to your favorite church of Christ bloggers or post as a note on your blog.

Ben Overby
www.specialtywriting.com
 
Two of my children will visiting the Oasis with you!

May God be with and give relief to your beloved. Dare I attempt a little humor and suggest that she will no longer have a pain in the neck?

Be safe!

-bill
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?