Thursday, October 18, 2007

Update

First for Steve – there’s still baseball to play or at least here in Central Florida there is. We had our first Fall Ball game last night. Steven didn’t do too well at the plate going 0 for 3 with a walk and a stolen base. I pray that he can find the hitting groove he was in when we went to Lipscomb. His play at 2nd was outstanding with no errors and several put-outs. We ended up beating Space Coast Jr./Sr. High 15 to 0 in five innings. Steven can easily be an every game / every inning player but he has to have that bat come around as it did when we traveled to Lipscomb a few weeks ago.

Tomorrow (Friday) night we’re having our monthly social get-together with my fellow elders. Being a “relationship church” it’s important for us as leaders to be connected with each other. Don is hosting us at his place.

Saturday morning will find me at our building at 6:30am! Ugh! I’m helping set up for our youth group garage sale. Too bad Greg’s wife Janice isn’t here as we could possibly raise half our operating budget with her purchases. What do you say Greg, how about a quick Southwest flight to Orlando, rent a U-Haul, make purchases at our garage sale, and then take your lovely bride and your “new treasure” home to So-Cal.”

We also are having a church wide fish fry in the afternoon at our Fellowship Deacon’s home. He has a fish pond in his yard stocked with too many huge catfish. So the church is going to help him out by harvesting or rather eating some of his fish to make room in his pond. Aren’t we nice?

Our Head Coach also wants the ball field cleaned up a bit before our first home Fall Ball game Monday. I might try to sneak away from the garage sale around 8:30am to do a little weed-whacking around the field.

Of course Sunday finds me teaching an Adult Sunday School Class as well as facilitating our lifegroup later that day. So, what is in your wallet or rather, what is on your plate for the weekend? What ever it is, have a great one.


Comments:
I need a nap just from reading about your weekend!
 
Were it not for a funeral on Saturday morning, I might just take you up on the offer! After the funeral we may go car shopping. With crude oil going as high as $100/barrel, we need something to help us make it on $4/gallon gas that's promised by the end of this year.
 
If you get bored in your down time you can blog...

I am playing in yet another tennis tourament...but this one if for a good cause....
 
After several weeks/weekends of busy, busy, this one isn't too bad......yet! The only thing I know of for sure is a 2-year old birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheese's. Church, of course, on Sunday. Regular preacher is out of town, so Bill Flatt from HGUS will be speaking. And our monthly singing class is this Sunday before services. I've been painting kitchen cabinets, too, and I'm not done, so I'm sure my aching muscles will settle down after a while, and I'll get back to that! Either that or finish sanding the wrought iron columns on the front porch so they can be repainted! Did I say this weekend wasn't looking too bad? Pay no attention to me! :)

Ditto "that girl," in that your schedule makes me tired.
 
Wow, you need to slow down! You know your not getting any younger don't you. I don't know if you have roses in Florida or not. But it sounds like even though you are very busy, you are still smelling the roses along the way. Have an awesome time being busy!
 
When do you sleep, math brother?

I used to work with a guy who napped during his class. Frequently. Maybe you could try that.
 
As to Steve's comment, I can personally attest that napping during math class is an excellent way to catch up on sleep. You're going to need all you can get after that weekend.
 
Sounds fun. Wish I could be at the sale.

And the game.
 
That's what I call a full weekend . . . look for me in the North end zone tonight at Jacksonville for Colts/Jaguars!

Peace.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?