Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Overwhelmed Thoughts

Time for some blog whining. I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed these days. Like a good basketball player who is trying to play good “transition basketball” by hustling on both ends of the Court, I’m trying to find my rhythm. The trip to Lipscomb was a sweet fragrance as I alluded to in an earlier post. But as Steve can attest to, when a teacher is away for a couple of days, the amount of work to get ready and then to catch up is mind-boggling or at least it is to me. To now take away one of my 2 planning periods and add another class of kids, prep, and papers to grade, well, I’m blog whining.

O.K. – some important questions:

1. Did you volunteer for this extra class? Yes.

2. Are you getting paid extra money? Yes.

3. Are you still going to whine after answering “yes” to questions one and two? Yes!

That is why I love you guys – you’ll listen (won’t you) or at least read about what ever is causing me to whine. I think I usually get whiny around my birthday which now puts me 363 days away from the big “5-0.” Even though they’ve been gone for 19 and 10 years respectively, I miss my parents. I think of them during this time of year.

It’s funny how when they’re here and they make a “fuss” over you that we (or at least me) protest and at times can become embarrassed. Now that they are gone I would give my right arm to have them here for a moment, fussing over their boy. Now that is whining.

Let’s leave on a positive note – if you get a chance today, (as we say in the South) make a fuss over someone. Give them a day of encouragement for there are limits on those that are closest to us, the advocates in our lives. At least, there are limits on them on this side of eternity.

Program Note:

A return to our normal programming of encouragement will take place on the next post.


Comments:
I made fusses over people at the fair yesterday. I felt wonderful afterward. Maybe even better than I would've felt if they had fussed over me!
 
You are so right. It has been 31 years since my parents died and I still miss them. It has been 14 yrs since my Granny died and I miss her - a lot! I make fusses over my hubby, daughters and gdaughters, not to mention the sons-in-love. Have a great day, because God made every day great.
Pat in Knoxville, TN
 
I am just glad I am not the only one that gets in a whiny mood occassionally.

And thanks for the reminder. I am fortunate to still have both my parents and yet I fail to see them and fuss over them like I should.
 
I can't tell you how many times I've made plans for a sub and then thought, "Man, that's an easy day. Maybe I'll just stay and teach it myself." It is VERY hard to come back to teaching after missing days.

Whine away, math bro. I remember the years I taught an extra period. Nobody quite gets how much that takes out of you.

Happy belated birthday. Should I point out, from a math perspective, that you are now IN your 50th year?

Heh heh.
 
ya can wine all ya what, but I thought you were from FL~not CaL ;)


I don't think you ever get over missing your parents, it will be almost 4 years cents my dad's passed on,

Hey CW, dont sweat going to be 50, it's just a # ;) now that will the a diffent story when I hit 50~ in 4 years ;(

have a great day!
 
Wow! It sure doesn't seem like 19 years ago we buried your dad, nor does it seem 10 years since we buried your mom.

I intentionally did not say anything about your birthday based on some private conversations with you. But now that it's over ... HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!
 
that girl - Now that's the mode I'm supposed to be in - great point.

traveling woman - Thanks and welcome to the "Chat."

djg - Enjoy them while you can.

Steve - Do you mean I got past the big "5-0" without a huge party and a black cake? Yes!

jel - I'll be waiting for you on this side of 50.

Greg - Thanks. Tried to talk to you yesterday but you were busy doing (as Eddie Haskel would say) "the business."
 
You don't write that old.

Except when you whine.

May the year be filled with joy.
 
Hang in there buddy!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?