Sunday, August 19, 2007

Proud Shepherd

Today was a culmination of a journey. This journey has had many parts and players who have been guided by the Holy Spirit to bring our church to where it is at now. As a disclaimer I am in no way attempting to communicate that we have arrived at some fixed point. I hope our church continues down the pilgrim path to strive to be the church God would have us to be here in Cocoa.

For years this journey has been walked alone by a dear brother named Ron. Ron was a voice in the desert for many years, well before I arrived. Ron’s gentle thunder helped to bring our preacher, Don, along the pilgrim pathway of grace. Then through various circumstances I’m convinced orchestrated by the Holy Spirit, many of the “old paths / old guard” left while many unchurched and new members came Central’s way.

2 years ago several of us made a journey to Nashville (no, I didn’t say Jerusalem) to attend the Zoë Conference. That journey of worship renewal culminated in our Praise Team under the direction of Terry, standing before our church for the very first time as they led us in worship.

I am so proud of Terry and his praise team for the many hours of practice and devotion they have put in as they attempt to take our corporate worship to the next level. I am excited by what God is doing at our church.

I know the corporate worship of a church on a Sunday morning shouldn’t be the only thing we focused on during the week as we live a life of worship to God. I just sense that God is doing many mighty and wonderful things in our members’ lives but it seems to flow out of them as we worship together.

Side note – It seems our District filter is not preventing me from accessing any blogs so I may be reduced to commenting in the mornings and evenings. I love you guys.

Barb and I start our 27th year of teaching tomorrow as well as send a senior to school.


Comments:
I'm jealous. I think I find myself working with a congregation that's still on the otherside of the curve. I pray for and long for a day when the we are blessed with new faces and fresh worship.
 
You give me hope....I think with us it is one step forward and two steps back....but currently I think we are crawling forward.
 
It's awesome that God has guided your congregation down the path that you wanted to go. I commend you all for not pushing so hard for change that division resulted. I also pray that the "old guard" have found a place where they can worship in unity as well. I believe we all have a place in God's Kingdom! Keep on walking in the Spirit!
 
We've been there for years, but there is a tendency to forget just what a difficult journey we came through to get there. I'm proud of your shepherds and others who had a hand in this. It seems so "mickey mouse," but in our tradition it's a huge step.
 
blessings on a great year!


if ya get a chance check out the picture i posted!
 
Thanks for the encouraging post, Cecil.

May God richly bless all of you there in Cocoa Beach!

Dee
 
We were talking about taking James to kindergarted yesterday. Someone asked me if I still cry on the first day of school. I told them that of course I do.

They meant about James. I meant about me.
 
Ben - I'll pray that as well brother.

djg - Hang in there and don't give up.

jordan - They have but the "funny" thing is that they won't leave us alone or stop attacking us. I think your point is well taken. Unity in the Body of Christ doesn't mean uniformity. We need only look at the churches in Rome, Corinth, and Jerusalem to realize that.

Greg - Thanks and it is a shame that something like what I mentioned is such a big deal when there is a lost and dying world around us.

jel - Thanks and I will.

Dee - Your welcome.

Steve - I know what you mean.
 
That is so great Cecil, I've been there myself. God is good!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?