Friday, August 03, 2007

Frustrated Friday

Sorry about the frustration yesterday with my post. I tried several ways to link “Beef’s” email and the files he created for you to listen to my son harmonize but it didn’t happen. BTW – Wouldn’t you like to have a cool nickname like “Beef?” Beef is a great guy who wants to go into ministry starting with youth I believe. There will be a hole in our college ministry when he, Keith who is a graduate of the AIM Program, Mark who is a good friend of Steven’s, and Jodi who attended AIM as well, leave for Oklahoma Christian.

I called Beef to ask permission to link his email to my blog so folks could listen to their recording. He told me Steven had the ability to harmonize and they wanted to do another recording before they all left for college. To be honest I don’t have a clue how to sing harmony or for that matter what it sounds like. I just want everyone around me to be in “harmony” when they hear me sing or at least a reasonable facsimile thereof.

Yesterday was my next to last time to cut grass with “the boys” at our church building as I go back to school a week from this coming Monday. As I’ve said before the “boys” are men older than me although yesterday we were a bit short-handed so the boys were made up of Glenn who heads up the team and is a former “Sergeant Major of the Army,” myself, and Josh who is in his 20’s. My job is to weed-whack.

To give you an idea how much weed-whacking that involves at our church I went through 2 tanks of gas yesterday. But here is the weird part – I actually enjoy it. I would love to get to the point where I can retire and here’s the big one – with health and be able to have the time to do this kind of work for our church and for folks who can’t do it themselves.

I love the camaraderie of hanging out with the boys and then getting something done together. Anybody need their yard weed-whacked?

Well I’m headed out with my fellow elder Curt in about 30 minutes to the Orlando area. He has some business to take care of and he wanted to know if I wanted to ride. Being the road warrior that I am, I’m headed for O-town.

Have a good weekend family.


Comments:
Sorry you were frustrated. Maybe that is why you enjoy whacking weeds!

You have a good weekend too!
 
I thought it was just me and this computer yesterday, Cecil. I couldn't access the music, either.

But you can come whack our weeds at home any time you'd like. We've got plenty of yard to work on, believe me. We have to pay someone to mow and trim our yard, I'm afraid.

I hope you have a great weekend, too.

Cheers & Blessings to you all today! Dee
 
Running a weedwacker in Florida humidity? I'll pass on that. Hanging out with the old guys ... a great way to spend a morning. If you could just do the latter w/out the former!
 
So I think I will take charge of the mower and you can wack the weeds. I help with the yard at church also and love it. I work with a man who is 78 years old and I can hardly keep up with him. But my favorite part of the job is sitting on the back steps with him, drinking lemonade and listening to his jokes/stories. I would mow for hours just to get that fellowship. Have a great weekend.
 
I used to mow our church lawn in Fresno. I do not miss it. I do miss the time spent with my dad while doing it, of course.
 
If "Beef" is the same guy I'm thinking of (JB?), then I'm pretty sure he'll have a Myspace page, and it's pretty easy to put up music and link to it there.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?