Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Filtered

You guys are getting blurry. Do I need glasses? Perhaps a filter as in “internet filter?” Yes, I discovered yesterday that our new District Internet Filter allows me to view mine and your blogs but it will not allow me to comment. O.K., I know some of you are pumping a fist in the air saying, “Yes, thank you God. His Random comments were killing me.” God took care of you. Anyway, I’m here and will be here it’s just that comments may not be coming unless it’s early in the morning (like now) or late in the evening.

It kind of reminds me of the time when we asked one of our senior saints who was a former officer in military, to head up our Senior’s Ministry. Ray and I sat down with him to give him a pep talk and all of the reasons why we thought he would do a bang-up job with the seniors.

When he started talking to us it sounded like he was going to give us a “no” so Ray and I immediately jumped in with comments to give him all the “upsides” to saying “yes.” It was at this point he looked at both of us and said, “Boys, boys, I want you both to be quiet and hold your comments until I finish.” Now I will admit that I enjoy being called a “boy” because I know that label has a limit as I get older but it was frustrating not being able to comment.

So I’m sure I’ll be just as frustrated as I read your blogs on my lunch break but unable to comment until I get home. So, I just wanted to let everyone know that I still love you but the computer geeks are limiting me to mornings and evenings to interface with you.

Until this evening, I’ll be holding my comments. Have a great day family.


Comments:
There was a time before I left blogger when no one could comment for about a week.....and even though a large percentage of the time I don't comment....I found that it frustrated me and made me lose interest when I COULDN'T comment.....so hang in there, don't forget about us.....
 
What if we just comment to you all day? I don't really plan to post for a while unless something really exciting happens... not likely.
 
I wondered why you'd been so quiet so far today, Cecil! Shucks!

Oh well . . . I GUESS I can wait until tonight for your pithy and eloquent comments. I'm also going to be looking for some good summer photos from you for the new Finding Direction photo contest!

Cheers! Dee

of Finding Direction: The Wind Vane Chronicles
 
Will the puns get better as they ferment between reading and comment time?

Just wondering.
 
You need to jack up Richard M. and tell him to get his priorities in order. Not being able to comment on blogs is a violation of some type of constitutional rights, I'm sure. Maybe Stump can help us out on this one??
 
So maybe you should invest in internet for your cell phone. I don't think we can go without your comments. You are almost the only one who ever leaves any.
Have a great week!
 
No comments? That's gotta be painful; a bit like Santa soaring around with a bag of gifts but finding all the chimneys plugged. We'll miss your gifts!

Ben
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?