Friday, July 13, 2007

Working Man

Hello one and all. I’ve been “busy” (yes, the school teacher out for the summer has actually been working – more) these past couple of days.

I did have a nice lunch with my son this past Wednesday. He came home from weight-lifting hungry and I offered to make a trip to “Mickey-D’s,” AKA – McDonald’s. Steven informed me he was trying to eat healthy. I informed him that “Oprah’s” (I happen to be home one day at 4pm / anybody buying that?) Doctor or Nutritionist said “Mickey-D’s” was attempting to offer healthier foods. So we loaded up the Expo and purchased 2 salads. Yes, a couple of West Cocoa boys were having a leisurely lunch feasting on a couple of salads.

Yesterday was my day to help the “boys” (I was the youngest boy there) cut our church yard. I actually did all of the weed-whacking / edging. Our Deacon of Youth / Mohawks called me around 11am to ask if I wanted to work with him in the afternoon. I accepted so yesterday afternoon we headed to Melbourne to repair a rack and install another Alignment Tower. Brett informed me that the cameras didn’t cost $3,000. He said “each” camera cost $3,000. That bit of information put a little more “rut” in my “rut-row.”

We were working at the “Imported Car Store” which mostly dealt with BMW’s and Volvos. I was thinking that surely this Service Center would be air-conditioned to handle the cream of European ingenuity. I was partially right. The main service area was but we were working in an adjacent un-air-conditioned building. It was a shorter day than Tuesday but I think I sweated more.

Steven has a game tonight with a team we lost to in 8 innings this past Monday. We’re headed to Indian Harbor Beach. Have a good weekend family.

Comments:
Salad?


That's not food!!


That's what food eats!!!


Hope the game goes well.

-bill
Spiritual Oasis Blog
 
"That's what food eats." L0L That was funny Bill!

Have a great weekend yourself Cecil.

-Paula
 
I was wondering what you've been up to but never dreamed it would be work!!

Agree w/ Bill.
 
Hope you have a great weekend as well....eat some real meat...
 
A salad bar, okay. But a salad from McDo… I don't know.

What a great vacation!
 
I very rarely eat at McDonald's, but they happen to have a very good oriental style salad.

Although I got one from McDonald's in Picayune that was so wilted and brown (as takeout) that I had to throw it away, so so much for salads from a Picayune McDonald's.

But then, people in south Mississippi are not known for eating such frou-frou food or anything that even borders on healthy. Obesity and red meat and French fries are rampant.

Dee
 
Ha! Won't you be glad when school cranks up!

Headed to North Alabama this week for two weeks. Check in with you by blog and when I get back we definitely have to do a C&J's run.

Peace.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?