Monday, June 11, 2007

From 180 to 280

Hi guys. My last post was entitled "Camp 180" and this post is number 280! Are you guys proud of me? I shutter to think if I had ran 280 days or worked out 280 days out of the past year what I would look like. Well, lets not go there. I was the main character in a video commercial we showed our church yesterday to kick off our Summer Wednesday Nights Bible Olympics. In the commercial I wore workout clothes and a headband. Someone came up to me afterwards and said, “I thought I was watching Rocky.” My response was, “If that was Rocky then Rocky needs to lose weight!” Makes me want to say, “Yo Adrian.”

Switching to baseball, I haven’t said much about Steven lately. I wanted to give you an update. He is playing in a “Stan Musial Baseball.” When I told someone at church that they responded by saying, “I didn’t know Steven was in to acting in musicals?” That’s “Musial,” not “musical.”

Any way, this league is a wood bat league for you baseball purists out there. He is probably the youngest player in the league since most of the players are Junior College, College, and “older players.” Steven pitched against our next door neighbor’s team last weekend which includes our next door neighbor’s son who played for Seminole Community College this past season. Steven came out in the 5th inning with a 4 to 3 (2 unearned runs) lead and 6 strikeouts. He also collected several hits and he closed out a game yesterday throwing the last 3 innings. This has been a big boost to his confidence which was somewhat shaken by our last coach who is no longer with us.

Enough about Steven – I’m going to end with some week end pics and a last set of camp pics. The 3 Amigos of our Camp: from left to right me, Pat, and Steve aka “The Puckster.”

Some of our staff (where are the campers?) hanging out with Pat on the Mess Hall covered porch. This was a great place to hang out. 3 of the guys in the picture had just returned from a "AIM Mission" in Siberia.

Ah, here are the campers or at least 2 of them. Daniel and Brittany enjoy a game of frisbee in front of the bell tower and girl's cabin.


A picture of my "Expo" in front of the Staff Quarters. The Coordinators Pad was the door on the left.

The building in the middle is the Mess Hall with the Chapel to the right.

I took this picture on the other side of the Mess Hall looking towards the Athletic fields. Our church bus (which yours truly we’ll be helping to drive to the Mid-Ohio Valley Work Camp in a couple of weeks) and trailer is to the left. Yes, that is a Central (Lightening Capitol of the World thank you) Florida thunderstorm building in the distance.

Here is Steven with Pat Pugh in front of our home. This was taken on the Friday after camp. We were getting ready to "re-con" a good spot to let Pat watch the impending Shuttle Launch.

Here is the spot we chose, a public dock just below our church on the Indian River Lagoon. Starting at the botton left-hand corner and going clockwise are Sharon, her son Zack, Pat, Steven, his friend Kyle, wife, and Brett - Deacon of Youth and Mohawks.

Pat’s serendipity, a shuttle launch and on time mind you.
The expanding flume for the Shuttle’s launch and at this point the rumble from the engines was deafening.

Finally, a picture for Judy and all of you cat lovers out there, from top to bottom say hello to Buddy and Cloe.



















































Comments:
Great pictures. So glad your camp was a success!
 
Thanks, Cecil! You know which picture I liked best! :) Buddy and Chloe are much more impressive than any old space shuttle send-off!!!
 
Nice pics, bro. Only slightly overbearing.

Camp went better than could be expected I think.

And I sat right in my living room and missed the launch. Glad Pat got that experience.

Peace.
 
I like pictures. Glad the shuttle made it fine. Those were good pictures, but I was wondering where the campers were.
 
Steve - Amen Brother.
Judy - My wife would agree with you.
Puck - Camp was outstanding and I'm glad you were able to put up with an "overbearing elder."
Brady - Most of our campers were cleaning up their cabins. I like an evening departure time vs. early morning.
 
Brought back memories of the shuttle launches we watched from various places along the river.
 
Yes, I know exactly who you are (Cecil) and want to thank you for reading my last few posts and your nice comment. Was disappointed we didn't get a chance to talk the Sunday you were at LBCC before the Pepperdine Lectureship.

Appreciated your heart-felt testimony during the Lord's Supper and felt bad about the troubles you were facing. (Don't understand why Christians can't just love and support each other without getting bogged down with those things that really should not matter.)

Just read your last several posts and was so pleased things worked out for you and you got to go to camp after all. (It does beat moping around the house.) It's great that you take such an active interest in today's youth.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?