Saturday, June 23, 2007

"Stuck, Stuck, Stuck" or "Hitting Rock Bottom"

How about a rare Saturday post from wonderful Statesville, North Carolina. We left Cocoa around 7:30am and arrived here at 6:15pm. Trip went well and I drove the whole way. Chad is going to drive the final 5 hours into West Virginia tomorrow.

As to our titles, remember the movie that TBS airs for 24 hours on Christmas Eve, “Christmas Story.” There is a scene where “Flick” after being “tripled dog dared” decides to stick his tongue on a frozen pole in the school playground. When he discovers his tongue is now frozen to the pole, he yells, “Stuck, stuck, stuck!” I wanted to yell that tonight.

As we were coming back from dinner to our hotel, I got off on the wrong (I know Greg will love this) exit. Realizing my mistake I sought and found a parking lot to do a U-turn in or so I thought. As I came off the road and started up the hill into the parking lot, anybody want to guess what happened? Yes “CDL breath,” I impaled the trailer hitch into the pavement and thus I wanted to yell, “Stuck, stuck, stuck.”

It took us about 5 minutes to off load all 30 folks and unload our trailer to lighten our load and I was able to free the bus. Hence my lesson for today, “What goes uphill many not make it downhill.” BTW, the Chuckster came up with our second title.

We plan to leave for West Virginia around 10am tomorrow. Hope you’re having a good weekend.

Comments:
takes a big man to admit a driving mistake....
 
Big man indeed! You make me laugh!
 
djg - I felt like a "little man" but my son was having a good laugh.

that girl - In those situations you have to laugh because everyone is laughing at you any way.
 
Hmmmm! These things will happen..........
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?