Thursday, May 10, 2007

Props for Barb

I started to post one of those “poor old me” blogs today. There are times when my “second job” seems to be at best, not worth it. I could go into more detail but I’m afraid I would hear a collective “Boring” from Blog Land.

No, this post is about my unsung hero or rather heroine, my wife, lover, and friend, Barbara. God truly blessed me when he allowed me to marry a “good friend.” Good friends share things in common and that would describe us, both of us are teachers, we like having folks over to our home, we both have a passionate love for our son, Steven, and we’re both heavily involved in our church.

What I do goes without saying. My wife however, is part of the glue that holds our family and our church together. She was blessed with an overabundance of the gift of hospitality. She cooks for the church every Wednesday night. She cooks for our annual Christmas Party and baby does she cook. How about this for a choice, Prime Rib stuffed with garlic or Alice Springs (of the Outback Restaurant variety) Chicken. She coordinates our Fall Festival other various events. She teaches Sunday School and generally supports me in what ever I’m doing with and for the church.

These past few months have been tough on her. With the advent of our potential merger have come many, many meetings. She has been supportive through all of this as well as worrying about me. There’s nothing like having an advocate to come home to.

So, this post is for my lovely wife, Barbara. Without her I would be lost. I love you Baby.

Comments:
I love when a man knows where his strength comes from. It sounds like you are both very lucky to have each other.
 
God bless you both............
 
I cooked supper one time
 
I raise my glass to Barb, and to all the other "Barbs" in the Kingdom.
 
We all love you, Barbara! I am thinking along with you and wondering if this stress and pressure gets worse as we get a bit older!?!

Peace.
 
As you have revealed insight into your passions and pursuits in life through the lines of this blog, it has been obvious that you adore your wife. You didn't have to give "props for Barb" for us to realize this. BUT, I'm glad you did! More of us fella's probably ought to follow your lead.

When I read your thoughts in this post, I thought of the following from Proverbs 31:

[10] A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.

[11] Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.

[12] She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.

Props for Barb and grace to you,
-bill
 
djg - Thanks. I find it interesting that there seems to be an almost direct correlation between those of us who serve churches and the wonderful women that God has blessed us with.

Judy - Thanks.

that girl - You need to come to beautiful downtown West Cocoa for a home cooked meal sometime.

Brady - I'll drink to that.

Puck - Thanks and I'm wondering that myself. If it doesn't I might not have too much hair left.

Bill - Thanks and thanks for the Proverbs 31 reminder as well.
 
Do I really have to tell you how special Barb / Pups is to us? Okay, I'll do it. Her love and support over the years has been nothing less than 100%. And yours has been close to that! Our friendship has, at times, kept us afloat through some tough days. So give our love to Barb and do something really nice for her. Buy her a Taylor T-5 guitar and tell her to let me play it when we visit.
 
If buy a Taylor T-5 will get you guys here sooner I'll ask Randy for a loan.
 
You know, Cecil - Greg is just the most thoughtful guy. I'm sure your wife is proud to have him for a friend!

You've really scored some points with this blog. I feel as if I know Barb myself from your desciption. I only hope that Tom feels the same way about me, and I feel sure that he does, even though I don't cook that much. I can cook - just don't much, and especially right now in the apartment with most of our kitchen packed up in boxes.

Good post and kudos to Barb!

By the way Cecil - I would advise you don't make her (let her) cook on Sunday. Take her out to dinner.

Dee
 
Dee - Thanks and my lovely bride is getting a break the entire weekend due to our High School Baseball Banquet tonight, a night out with some couples tomorrow at our favorite Mexican Resturant followed by some Chicken Foot Doimnoes, and some bbq on Sunday.
 
You are so blessed brother and she is blessed to have a best frind who will give her the gift of a blog. God bless you both in your relationship.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?